Old Fart Who Loves Japanese Pop Culture 日本の大衆文化を愛する中年

Japanese Dramas, Manga, Anime and Japanese Movies, Jpop, and anything else about Japanese pop culture that I find interesting.

日本のドラマ、マンガ、アニメ、J-POP、その他私がおもしろいと思った日本の大衆文化について

My Photo
Name:
Location: Akihabara@DEEP, NY, Christmas Island

contact me at kevn57ATgmail.com friend me on goodreads http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1660832-kevin

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Manga and Japanese Dramas Some Connections

KIMI WA PETTO (You Are My Pet), published in America as Tramps Likes Us by TokyoPop. I really enjoyed them both, even though the drama is based on the manga the storyline is a little different in the manga

Densha Otoko which is being released this fall in the US in two different manga versions, is also a movie

My current favorite series is akihabara@DEEP up to episode 3 has been released and the series gets better and better. The poster of the torrents Koneko posted that akihabara@DEEP is based off the manga by Ira Ishida. I've never seen the manga. The series has many manga and anime references. Latest Episode is about Cosplay and I have some screenshots at my blog.

I'm excited that Nodame Cantabile is going to be aired in Japan this fall I hope someone subs it because I love the manga.

GTO, a drama series and two movies, a 25 volume manga run and around 45 episode anime Great Teacher Onizuka aways rated as #1 drama at http://www.jdorama.com/topdramas.htm

Gokusen currently user rated as #2 at jdorama

Battle Royale - Survival Program drama and also two movies. I haven't seen the drama but the movies and manga are excellent.

Attack No.1starring Ueto Aya is a fun drama about high school volleyball and the national team.

Hotman starring Takashi Sorimachi, I haven't seen this or its sequel yet.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh!Japan offers a shopping service which buy Japanese products and ship them for all who live in oversea.
You can get any Japanese products through this service without coming to Japan.
Ooh!Japan provides not only the shopping service, but also full information about Japanese culture and its lifestyle. Check out more:
http://oohjapan.com/

9/03/2006 09:50:00 PM  
Anonymous Os said...

"Densha Otoko which is being released this fall in the US in two different manga versions, is also a movie"

Actually three. Del Rey, CMX, and Viz all have their hands on one. I look forward to all of them and most likely getting Del Rey's becuase I'm a fan of their stuff and Viz only if it's cheaper than a normal volume.

Of course there are many other manga/live action shows out there, but the more recent ones include Honey and Clover, Death Note and Mushishi.

9/19/2006 07:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home