Old Fart Who Loves Japanese Pop Culture 日本の大衆文化を愛する中年

Japanese Dramas, Manga, Anime and Japanese Movies, Jpop, and anything else about Japanese pop culture that I find interesting.

日本のドラマ、マンガ、アニメ、J-POP、その他私がおもしろいと思った日本の大衆文化について

My Photo
Name:
Location: Akihabara@DEEP, NY, Christmas Island

contact me at kevn57ATgmail.com friend me on goodreads http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1660832-kevin

Friday, November 10, 2006

Jigoku Shoujo Live Action, Anime, and Manga Versions

Here are some Screen Shots of the Anime, Live Action Drama and the Manga, and my first impressions of the 3 versions.

Jigoku Shoujo Anime
I like this version the best so far. I've watched the first 5 episodes and each has been different and interesting. The voice actors are good and the animation has been really good so far. The special effects in the anime are much better then those in the Live action, but I've only seen the first episode of the drama so they may improve at least I hope so. The story in the first episode is similar in the manga, anime and and live action follows the same basic plot of a school girl getting bullied and her revenge. The names are different in all three adaptions and the ages are also different. The Manga and the Live Action are both adapted from the anime.
You can download bit torrents for the anime here. I have both the Ayu & Shinsen-Subs fan sub releases and I recommend the Ayu release it is a larger file size and uses a constant bit rate in the audio portion which makes it play much better in standalone DVD players. Get More info on the anime at Anime News Network.













Jigoku Shoujo Live Action
I wasn't overly impressed with the first episode but I'm hoping that as the show progresses it will start to approach the high level of the anime. You can download both the Raw and fan subbed releases of episode 1 here. The raw file has much better video quality and that is the version that I have posted screen shots from. The J4V release is encoded .h264 so no chance to watch that on a standalone DVD player. More info on the drama here at the drama wiki. You can download wallpaper of the drama here.















Manga
Get more info on the manga here at Baka-Updates.


Sample of the opening theme posted on YouTube

Labels: , , , , , , ,

Link to Post

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home