Old Fart Who Loves Japanese Pop Culture 日本の大衆文化を愛する中年

Japanese Dramas, Manga, Anime and Japanese Movies, Jpop, and anything else about Japanese pop culture that I find interesting.

日本のドラマ、マンガ、アニメ、J-POP、その他私がおもしろいと思った日本の大衆文化について

My Photo
Name:
Location: Akihabara@DEEP, NY, Christmas Island

contact me at kevn57ATgmail.com friend me on goodreads http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1660832-kevin

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Welcome to the N.H.K. / NHK ni Youkoso! Anime Episode 1

I first mentioned the manga back in March when I started reading the Evil Genius scanlations and figured today would be a great day to post about the excellent anime that has been adapted from the manga which was adapted from the Tatsuhiko Takimoto novel . I've never read the novel because I don't speak Japanese but the manga and the anime are both terrific. I encourge everyone who has been reading and enjoying the Evil Genius scans or watching the fansubs pick up the US release of the manga and support the mangaka . Amazon has it, it went on sale today. It's not discounted so try your local comic book store first and keep the money in your hometown. Screen Captures below of the First Episode of the anime which premiered in July 2006.
I would recommend this to any anime fans of Genshiken or Otoku No Video or drama fans of Densha Otoko or Akihabara@Deep. Bit Torrents can be downloaded Here. Both XviD and mkv versions are available.
Welcome to the N.H.K.

Title Screen


Theme Song is "Puzzle" by Round Table featuring Nino


Our Hero Satou

Conspiracy


Satou's Room


A Satou Fantasy


Another view of a Hikikomori's Room


Conspiracy


Hay Fever Conspiracy


Conspiracy to Isolate


Anime Otaku

What is the NHK?

Misaki


Misaki


NEETs

N.E.E.T.
Not in Employment, Education or Training


Looking for Work

Satou Fantasies about Misaki


She thinks he's a Hikikomori


Misaki to the Rescue


Final Credits

Labels: , , , ,

Link to Post

2 Comments:

Blogger Jesse Ira said...

The anime is great for actually being different from the manga. It would be boring if it was just a straight up rendition of the manga's stories, but no, the anime is doing its own thing, which I like.

I wonder how different the manga and anime are from the novel? I remember reading that the novel had a different ending, but seeing as how the manga still isn't finished, I'm even more curious now to see how it all ends.

11/27/2006 12:05:00 AM  
Blogger Zero said...

Hi Kev,

the manga (and subsequently the anime) was a very liberal adaptation of the original narrative. Here's my synopsis of the light novel.

1/09/2007 04:09:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home