Old Fart Who Loves Japanese Pop Culture 日本の大衆文化を愛する中年

Japanese Dramas, Manga, Anime and Japanese Movies, Jpop, and anything else about Japanese pop culture that I find interesting.

日本のドラマ、マンガ、アニメ、J-POP、その他私がおもしろいと思った日本の大衆文化について

My Photo
Name:
Location: Akihabara@DEEP, NY, Christmas Island

contact me at kevn57ATgmail.com friend me on goodreads http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1660832-kevin

Friday, December 15, 2006

Sentou Yousei Yukikaze OVA

Sentou Yousei Yukikaze is a 5 episode OVA released by Bandai and Gonzo from 2002 to 2005. The 3DCG animation is very good at least in the first three episodes that I've seen so far. I have screen shots to show some of the visuals but the animation can't be conveyed in static screen captures. Yukikaze won the Tokyo International Anime Festival OVA Award in 2003 and again in 2006.
The story starts on Earth with the back story that an alien race tried to attack Earth through a pillar know as the Jam that they created in Antarctica, the story quickly switches to the alien planet where the United Earth forces are fighting the Jam. So far the OVA has centered on one SAF pilot Rei Fukai and the A.I. reconnaissance plane that he flies. The first two episodes were very heavy on action with amazing dogfights that reminded me of Top Gun, episode 3 centered more on the mystery of the aliens that no man has ever seen.
If you like military stories, aerial combat and great animation you'll probably love this anime. You can rent episodes 1-3 from Netflix or you local video store.

After the screen caps I have a trailer and one of the dog fight scenes posted on Youtube.







































Trailer



Dogfight Scene

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home