Old Fart Who Loves Japanese Pop Culture 日本の大衆文化を愛する中年

Japanese Dramas, Manga, Anime and Japanese Movies, Jpop, and anything else about Japanese pop culture that I find interesting.

日本のドラマ、マンガ、アニメ、J-POP、その他私がおもしろいと思った日本の大衆文化について

My Photo
Name:
Location: Akihabara@DEEP, NY, Christmas Island

contact me at kevn57ATgmail.com friend me on goodreads http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1660832-kevin

Monday, January 29, 2007

Teppan Shoujo Akane!! Episode 1 Screen Shots

“Teppan Shoujo Akane!!” was a pretty highly anticipated show for me; I had enjoyed Horikita Maki performance as Nobuta in Nobuta wo Produce and was looking forward to seeing her in another drama. I was pretty disappointed after a good start to the first episode, the drama seemed to falter. The storyline is almost an exact copy of the “Addicted to Curry” manga, except instead of cooking curry in the family restaurant Akane (Horikita Maki) is a teppanyaki chef. The male lead Shinta (Tsukamoto Takashi) instead of being a great chef has a great sense of smell, so good a sense in fact, that it is by scent that he recognizes his childhood friend Akane. Akane’s father has abandoned her to run the store as he has gone traveling. There is an evil corporation run by Erena (Katase Nana) who attempts to take Akane’s restaurant away just like in “Addicted to Curry”. I watched the first two episodes and debated with myself whether or not to continue , the soft subs are just OK a few scenes in each episode are left without translation, some times the subs just don’t seem to make any sense. Anyways I’m glad I continued, the later episodes the story really improves and either the subs have improved or I just got used to them. I would now really recommend the show to anyone who enjoys comedy dramas and or really likes to cook or watches cooking competition. Just don’t watch this show when your hungry it’ll drive you nuts and give it a couple of episodes before you quit watching, it just gets better as it goes on like a fine wine or a good marinade. The screen caps below are from the first 10 minutes of episode 1 so no really spoilers. I really like the ending theme song performed by Orange Range "Sayonara", I'll find my copy and post a link later tonight.


If you’d to download the video files you can get them here. The English soft subs can be downloaded here.





Horikita Maki as Kagura Akane

























Akiko as Katsura Mikan & Natsuko as Katsura Yuzu



Katase Nana as Erena



Tsukamoto Takashi as Shinta



Ryu Raita as Akashi Mitsujiro


Jinnai Takanori as Kurogane


Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Nick said...

I've got the whole live action series for over a week now and I wasn't impressed with this show despite how much I liked Horikita Maki in Nobuta Wo Produce (or as Densha Otoko's sister). This show lacks depth in story and a half-@ss attempt at being serious. This should have been made into a comedy. I can't believe I actually forced myself to watch the whole thing!

2/05/2007 02:27:00 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

Nick, I was somewhat disappointed in the show myself as I had really high expectations of it. What did you think of the subtitles, did they have any effect on your lack of enjoyment.

I hope Maki chooses a better follow up role after this drama, I'd really love to see a second season of Nobuta, like we have now with HYD

2/05/2007 06:39:00 PM  
Blogger charles said...

Oh man, does Ryu Raita have a similar role to the one he did in "Shota no Sushi"?

2/21/2007 02:46:00 AM  
Blogger Kevin said...

I haven't seen Shota no Sushi, is it good? I have a copy of it and I'll give it a try if anyone recommends it.

2/21/2007 11:56:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home