Old Fart Who Loves Japanese Pop Culture 日本の大衆文化を愛する中年

Japanese Dramas, Manga, Anime and Japanese Movies, Jpop, and anything else about Japanese pop culture that I find interesting.

日本のドラマ、マンガ、アニメ、J-POP、その他私がおもしろいと思った日本の大衆文化について

My Photo
Name:
Location: Akihabara@DEEP, NY, Christmas Island

contact me at kevn57ATgmail.com friend me on goodreads http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1660832-kevin

Saturday, March 31, 2007

Liar Game


Erika Toda


Matsuda Shota

Liar Game is a new drama that will first air in Japan on April 14th, two weeks from today. It is based on the manga of the same name that is published in Shueisha's Weekly Young Jump. Erika Toda (Hana Yori Dango 2, Tsubasa No Oreta Tenshitachi 2) will star as a student who recieves a million yen with instructions that she is now in a game, if she loses the million yen she will be indebted a million yen, if she tricks another player of their million she gets to keep it. However as she tries to return the money she is tricked thus losing her million. She contacts a former con man played by Matsuda Shota (Sojiro in HYD 1 & 2) to help her retrieve her money.

Here's the first scanlation of first two chapters of the RAW manga, I couldn't find any translated scans anywhere. If anyone knows if they are available please let me know. Download the RAW scans on IRC from #lurk here.

Labels: , , , ,

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to this drama! A friend and I wanted to scanlate Liar Game, but we're way too busy with school work D:. I still love Akiyama-sama to bits though :3...but the actor for him looks rather.....not like him >_>.

4/01/2007 07:32:00 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

If you change your mind and do scanlate it let me know, I'd love to read it. But I understand school and work have to be more important then our hobbies, unfortunately.

Matsuda Shota was really good in HYD as Soujiroh so I hope he up to form for Liar's Game too.

4/02/2007 12:38:00 PM  
Anonymous Deanna Marie said...

Someone really needs to scanlate Liar Game. I'd do it but for general purposes I can't read kanji (sans furigana). ehehehe...

Hopefully the drama will catch on and someone will pick it up.

4/03/2007 12:07:00 AM  
Blogger Kevin said...

@deanna

It's my hope too that it will be scanlated, but at this point no groups has announced that they plan to translate the drama.

Right now the only drama's that groups have announced that they will sub are:
Proposal Daisakusen
Bambino!
Seito Shokun!
Kuitan 2

I hope this drama gets subbed it would be a shame if it doesn't.

4/03/2007 11:44:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think if the drama gets out, then people would probably pick up the manga too ^^

4/03/2007 10:16:00 PM  
Blogger Arc said...

Yeah quite unfortunate no one is subbing this.

The manga rocks. I read the whole thing from beginning to last week's chapter. I thought about translating it sometime ago, but then I just can't gather the energy to do so.

Unfortunately, the only one subbing this is a Chinese sub group from what I can see. I hope some English subber will pick it up. I really want the English community to know how great this series is.

4/14/2007 10:31:00 AM  
Blogger Kevin said...

I hope some English subber will pick it up. I really want the English community to know how great this series is.

I really hope both the drama and the manga get subbed. As of today no one has announced any intention on subbing the drama. I thought it would be with Toda Erika starring. At least Sexy Voice and Robo is being subbed!

4/14/2007 11:55:00 AM  
Blogger Arc said...

I guess there's one way for people who only understands English to watch the show.

Apparently, if you go to s-project forum... There's a thread that will have a detailed summary of episode 1 in a few hours or so.

So you can download the raw after reading that and know what's happening. ^_^

4/14/2007 05:41:00 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

Thanks a lot for the info ARC I just posted screen caps of the first episode and a link to the synopsis.

4/15/2007 09:33:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this drama looks really good!
and I can't believe Matsuda Shota is in it! xD
I hated Toda Erika's character in HYD though.. so hopefully watching this will shake that bad opinion I have of her off

4/21/2007 10:53:00 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

I hated Toda Erika's character in HYD though.. so hopefully watching this will shake that bad opinion I have of her off

I did too, but that just means she gave a really great performance. She's cute as anything as a murderer in the Death Note Movie.

4/22/2007 08:51:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home