Old Fart Who Loves Japanese Pop Culture 日本の大衆文化を愛する中年

Japanese Dramas, Manga, Anime and Japanese Movies, Jpop, and anything else about Japanese pop culture that I find interesting.

日本のドラマ、マンガ、アニメ、J-POP、その他私がおもしろいと思った日本の大衆文化について

My Photo
Name:
Location: Akihabara@DEEP, NY, Christmas Island

contact me at kevn57ATgmail.com friend me on goodreads http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1660832-kevin

Friday, March 23, 2007

Metro Ni Notte

Riding The Metro

Ever since I read "A Sound of Thunder" (1952) by Ray Bradbury when I was kid I've always loved time travel stories, and the paradoxical logic that is usually a hallmark of them. Metro Ni Notte is no exception in fact it may be the best I've seen since Donny Darko.

Shinji played by Tsutsumi Shinichi (Sailor Fuku to Kikanjuu,Good Luck!!) plays a clothing salesman who hates his father played by Osawa Takao (Aragami, All About Lily Chou Chou). But one day he rides the subway back to 1964 the day his brother dies and he has a chance to change the past. Other trips back in time take him and sometimes his girlfriend played by Okamoto Aya (Brother Beat, Azumi) to other points along his fathers life, one such trip introduces his father's lover played by Tokiwa Takako (Beautiful Life, Long Love Letter).

This is a really good story and I'd highly recommend it. You can download the movie at FST a bit torrent site that specializes in Asian movies and music but it is a member only site and you’d need to register to download stuff there. Download the bit torrent link here.
































Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home