Old Fart Who Loves Japanese Pop Culture 日本の大衆文化を愛する中年

Japanese Dramas, Manga, Anime and Japanese Movies, Jpop, and anything else about Japanese pop culture that I find interesting.

日本のドラマ、マンガ、アニメ、J-POP、その他私がおもしろいと思った日本の大衆文化について

My Photo
Name:
Location: Akihabara@DEEP, NY, Christmas Island

contact me at kevn57ATgmail.com friend me on goodreads http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1660832-kevin

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Akihabara Geeks

Is a documentary that takes a look at some of the people who come to Akihabara, and why they come there. There is a small store owner who sells electronic parts and his customers who use the parts to create electronic gadgets. An over-clocker computer world record holder who uses liquid nitrogen to cool his 7 ghz pc. A guy who is in love with 2D girls and has to limit his food budget to $4 a day so he can afford the figures, pillows and art work. The creator of an independent video game that the anime Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni is based on, who now employs his whole family in the still independent game company. A maid at a busy maid café who first came as a customer and later stayed as an employee even though she attends Tokyo Law school. Finally some architects who discuss the changes that the large scale buildings and research facilities are having on the town.

I rented the DVD from Netflix because I wasn’t sure how much I’d like it, but it was really pretty informative so I’m going to pick up a copy from Deep Discount DVD, Amazon is more expensive and doesn't include shipping. So I can watch it again and also to show some friends a little bit about my obsession with Akihabara.

I first noticed this when Aaron over at the Weekly Anime Review, reviewed it on his podcast. Aaron has an excellent show that covers not only anime but other Otaku stuff such as his reviews of Densha Otoko, Maid in Akihabara and Akihabara@Deep.





















































Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home