Old Fart Who Loves Japanese Pop Culture 日本の大衆文化を愛する中年

Japanese Dramas, Manga, Anime and Japanese Movies, Jpop, and anything else about Japanese pop culture that I find interesting.

日本のドラマ、マンガ、アニメ、J-POP、その他私がおもしろいと思った日本の大衆文化について

My Photo
Name:
Location: Akihabara@DEEP, NY, Christmas Island

contact me at kevn57ATgmail.com friend me on goodreads http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1660832-kevin

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Joudan Janai ! Episode 1

Ueno Juri (Nodame Cantible, Warau Michael, Tsubasa no Oreta Tenshitachi) is back in romantic comedy series where she plays a 20 year old college student who plans on marrying a 40 year old system engineer, Oda Yuji (Last Christmas, Odoru Daisousasen). In this first episode they travel to France where her Japanese parents have resided for the past 20 years, to ask permission for them to marry. That's all I say about the plot as I knew nothing about what was going to happen and to say the least it's both surprising and funny and I don't want to spoil it. The whole reason I wanted to see this show was because of Ueno, I've wanted to see more of her work since I first saw her last fall in Nodame.

The soft subs were released today and can be downloaded here. Please post a note of thanks to ZeeSeeS the fan subber who is taking on this series. The RAW video bit torrent file can be downloaded here.

























Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Raien said...

Was anybody else freaked out by Joudan Janai? I watched the first episode because I wanted to see Ueno Juri, but after they say that she's a 20 year old and then they say that Juri's mother and new husband had a relationship that ended 20 years ago... I dunno... I just wondered why there was no question as to who the father was... Eww. And when is "Mom" gonna stop trying to seduce her daughter's husband (father?!) It's all too disconcerting for me. Probably won't watch any more, though I already downloaded several episodes.

5/13/2007 06:23:00 AM  
Blogger Kevin said...

Was anybody else freaked out by Joudan Janai?

It's certainly not what I expected but I have a suspicion that the marriage is going to start to unravel. You can't build a life together based on a pack of lies. He starts lying to her before he even got married by not admitting the relationship to her mother, then after he quits his job, he's lying about that. The part I don't understand is why the mother didn't come out and tell Juri before the wedding occurred. If the mother wanted him back she could have had him back then, I think it's pretty obvious that he never got over her and that Juri is a replacement for her.

I've only seen the first two shows and I'll give it another before quiting it, but the last episode wasn't really very funny either. But I love Juri they need to give her more screen time!

5/13/2007 07:20:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home