Old Fart Who Loves Japanese Pop Culture 日本の大衆文化を愛する中年

Japanese Dramas, Manga, Anime and Japanese Movies, Jpop, and anything else about Japanese pop culture that I find interesting.

日本のドラマ、マンガ、アニメ、J-POP、その他私がおもしろいと思った日本の大衆文化について

My Photo
Name:
Location: Akihabara@DEEP, NY, Christmas Island

contact me at kevn57ATgmail.com friend me on goodreads http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1660832-kevin

Friday, April 20, 2007

Lovely Complex Anime

I loved fittingly enough Lovely Complex the movie and also the manga, and just now I've had a chance to watch the first episode of the anime, and it's terrific. The character designs reminded me of Bokura ga Ita but this is much funnier. It's released by KissSub fan group and they did a nice job the translation is good as are the cultural notes. The font and the karaoke look great my only complaint is that the avi file is encode with GMC so I can't watch it in my standalone DVD player, a small enough complaint but I'll keep looking for other releases without GMC if I can find them. You can download the bit torrent file for episode one of the anime here.

























Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Travis said...

I've come across your blog through a Google search for Paprika, a film which looks really cool but which is surprisingly difficult to find torrents for.

In any case, I'll admit that I haven't just yet tried out any of the shows you've suggested, but from your descriptions and the images provided, they all look really interesting and/or fun. This looks like a good blog to follow to get suggestions for what to watch. Domo!

4/20/2007 08:04:00 PM  
Blogger Shane or Kyle said...

I really need to get going with anime again, the last one I watched was Samurai Champloo, when it first came out! I need to get with the times.

4/21/2007 01:11:00 AM  
Blogger Kevin said...

@shane or kyle

I hope you guys have a great trip to Japan!

@Travis
The only thing out right now on Paprika is the DVD screener, hopefully it'll be licensed and released soon.

4/22/2007 08:55:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely Complex rules . . . it's about the only anime I've gotten passionate about since the original Mahou Sensei Negima came out. Everything lately has been rather bleah. heh, even Bleach has turned into a DBZ/Itchy-Scratchyesque show, imho.

5/17/2008 09:55:00 AM  
Blogger Kevin said...

@Anonymous Lovely Complex rules

I think you might like Itazura na Kiss both based on long running manga and both where the slightly wacky girl is struggling to get the boy she loves I posted screen caps of it here

5/17/2008 10:24:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home