Old Fart Who Loves Japanese Pop Culture 日本の大衆文化を愛する中年

Japanese Dramas, Manga, Anime and Japanese Movies, Jpop, and anything else about Japanese pop culture that I find interesting.

日本のドラマ、マンガ、アニメ、J-POP、その他私がおもしろいと思った日本の大衆文化について

My Photo
Name:
Location: Akihabara@DEEP, NY, Christmas Island

contact me at kevn57ATgmail.com friend me on goodreads http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1660832-kevin

Friday, May 04, 2007

Bambino Episode 2 Screen Caps

No Spoiler but this is truly a shounen manga, it reminds me more of a fighting anime or manga then a cooking show. Our hero is unprepared for the challenges that he is to face. Lesser men will turn tale and run from the frightening challenges. This week Bambi (Matsumoto Jun) gets powerup help from Asuka (Karina) but will it be enough to help him face the tasks that Nozomi (Sato Ryuta) sets before him. The wagering is stacked that he will runaway before three days have elapsed.
I liked this episode much more than the first and while I have a pretty good idea what is going to happen in the course of the series this episode works much better. There are no long introductions the cast has been assembled and they seem to meld together better. But the thing that really drives this show for me is the camera work, when ever it is busy in the restaurant the camera never stops moving, when the wait staff is in the dinning room full of customers the camera is constantly moving the perspective on screen of what the whirling staff would see as they served the diners, like a fast waltz or polka. Camera work in the kitchen is quick edits and odd angles again almost in constant motion, it almost feels as if the viewer is overwhelmed by the blazing pace.

Download links to the episode 2 subs and RAW are here, like I pointed out before the are not the BON Funsub groups subs, but for very quickly produced subs I have really only one small complaint. The duration that the subs are left on screen is sometimes too short, even when there is no other dialogue forcing the subs to move along to keep pace. I'll download the BON subs when they are released and see if they have the same problem but I don't recall that being an issue with episode one subs from BON.

Screen Caps of episode ONE.

Episode 2






























Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

OpenID Song13ird said...

thank you post posting those pics^^

am almmost finished the series now - loving it!!!

2/13/2008 06:38:00 AM  
Blogger Kevin said...

I'm glad you like it, you might like Oishii Proposal, I liked it even more then Bambino

2/13/2008 11:22:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home