Old Fart Who Loves Japanese Pop Culture 日本の大衆文化を愛する中年

Japanese Dramas, Manga, Anime and Japanese Movies, Jpop, and anything else about Japanese pop culture that I find interesting.

日本のドラマ、マンガ、アニメ、J-POP、その他私がおもしろいと思った日本の大衆文化について

My Photo
Name:
Location: Akihabara@DEEP, NY, Christmas Island

contact me at kevn57ATgmail.com friend me on goodreads http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1660832-kevin

Friday, May 04, 2007

Lucky Star Manga Scanlation

There is wide spread disagreements on the anime that this manga is the source material for on many of the blogs and forums that I read. When I heard that an anime was being made by Kyoto Animation the studio responsible for both Kanon 2006 and The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya two of my favorite anime from 2006 I was pretty excited and started looking for the manga. It hasn’t been licensed yet but scanlations of the first five chapters of the four panel comic are available. I’ve posted them below so you can see what the basic storyline is and whether you might want to give the anime a try, I’ll post about the anime later, episodes one through four are out and the director has been changed starting with episode five so I’ll reserve my opinion on it until I’ve seen one or two by the new director. I try to never judge an anime after only one episode. Last year I watched the first episode of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya and I hated it, turned into one of the best anime ever.

I really like the manga but wish that I had more to judge it on, Konata is really funny and if you’re into Otaku humor, like The Genshiken subject matter manga, erogames, anime then you might like this manga too, take a look here online or download the scans. Ichigo Mashimaro fans might like it too as the structure of the shows is very similar while the subjects are quite different.


Download the scanlations through IRC at Lurk, or bit torent here.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home