Old Fart Who Loves Japanese Pop Culture 日本の大衆文化を愛する中年

Japanese Dramas, Manga, Anime and Japanese Movies, Jpop, and anything else about Japanese pop culture that I find interesting.

日本のドラマ、マンガ、アニメ、J-POP、その他私がおもしろいと思った日本の大衆文化について

My Photo
Name:
Location: Akihabara@DEEP, NY, Christmas Island

contact me at kevn57ATgmail.com friend me on goodreads http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1660832-kevin

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Maison Ikkoku

Maison Ikkoku is a romantic comedy series created by mangaka Rumiko Takahashi. The story is about a ronin student Godai who’s attempting to get into college and the new manager of his apartment building the Ikkoku-kan. She, Kyoko is a recent widow and has taken over management for her father-in-law. Godai falls in love with her at first sight. She’s not so quickly willing to forget her first husband, in fact she’s the dog named after him, Soichiro-san. Do they ever get together, well you’ll need to watch the 96 episode 1986 anime series to find out or read the manga or wait a week or so and see the new drama special that’s to be aired in Japan on Saturday May 12th. Starring my favorite comedy actress Itoh Misaki (Kiken na Aneki, You’re under Arrest, Densha Otoko) as Kyoko, Eikura Nana (Proposal Daisakusen, Dance Drill) plays Nanao Kozue and Sawamura Ikki (Orange Days, Gokusen) is Mitaka.

I really hope that some fan sub group decides to sub this special, I’ll post links once it’s released on where to downloaded it and subs too fingers crossed.


Updated 11/6/07

The special was indeed picked up SARS fansfubs who did a terrific job with the show which I really enjoyed. I was so busy with work I never had the chance to blog about it when it was released but I truly thank SARS for the great work and also Alex who emailed me pointing out that I should update this post. Download their July 5th English Hardsub release here, right now it has over 12 seeders should download pretty quickly. Sorry for the lateness of the update. Italian, Spanish and French fansubs of the special can be downloaded here.
As a fan of the manga and anime series I really enjoyed the special I hope they produce more of it as the story was left hanging and could easily be turned into a drama series or a number of specials.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home