Old Fart Who Loves Japanese Pop Culture 日本の大衆文化を愛する中年

Japanese Dramas, Manga, Anime and Japanese Movies, Jpop, and anything else about Japanese pop culture that I find interesting.

日本のドラマ、マンガ、アニメ、J-POP、その他私がおもしろいと思った日本の大衆文化について

My Photo
Name:
Location: Akihabara@DEEP, NY, Christmas Island

contact me at kevn57ATgmail.com friend me on goodreads http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1660832-kevin

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Misaki Ito in Yama Onna Kabe Onna

While I patiently wait for Maison Ikkoku to be fansubbed I stumbled upon this great news for Misaki Ito (photo gallery) fans Like me. I so hope that the Kyoko Fukada (Tenshi, Strawberry on the Shortcake)rumor is true she's really great too.

From Tokyograph

Misaki Ito becomes 'kabe onna'
Wed, May 16, 2007 (4:19pm EDT)
Actress Misaki Ito will star in Fuji TV's summer drama, "Yama Onna Kabe Onna." The series is an adaptation of Atsuko Takakura's manga which was serialized in Kodansha's Evening KC magazine.

The story revolves around a woman working in a department store (Ito) whose meager bust has earned her the nickname of "kabe onna" ("kabe" means "wall" and "onna" means "woman"). Unfortunately for her, a well-endowed "yama onna" ("yama" meaning "mountain") gets assigned to the same department, heightening her insecurity.

There is no official word yet on who will play the role of the "yama onna," but rumor says it's Kyoko Fukada.

The series begins on July 5, airing Thursdays at 10:00pm.
Source: Sankei Sports | Com

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home