Old Fart Who Loves Japanese Pop Culture 日本の大衆文化を愛する中年

Japanese Dramas, Manga, Anime and Japanese Movies, Jpop, and anything else about Japanese pop culture that I find interesting.

日本のドラマ、マンガ、アニメ、J-POP、その他私がおもしろいと思った日本の大衆文化について

My Photo
Name:
Location: Akihabara@DEEP, NY, Christmas Island

contact me at kevn57ATgmail.com friend me on goodreads http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1660832-kevin

Saturday, August 11, 2007

Beach Boys (Japanese Drama)

This is my favorite Japanese Drama, and also the subject of an earlier post. My biggest complaint about the show was that the only release available had really terrible video quality. I really should have gotten this post together earlier when 7-go started uploading the new bit torrent files in June 2007.

If you've never seen it, it's a buddy comedy about life, growing up, taking responsibility and mostly about being true to yourself. It has a great cast, Sorimachi Takashi, Takenouchi Yutaka, Hirosue Ryoko, Inamori Izumi, Mike Maki, Hara Sachie. It was very popular when it was first broadcast 10 years ago in the summer of 1997. If you can't afford a trip to the ocean this summer then download this, it's almost as good as an ocean sunset on a deserted island or a message in a bottle.

Download the improved medium quality bit torrent files here, the soft subs can be downloaded here. Thanks to 7-go for all his hard work on this much improved video quality release. I'd still really really love to see a high quality video release of this series!






















































Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could you seed episode 5 please?
-Thanks

8/13/2007 12:07:00 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

I'm seeding!!

8/13/2007 01:56:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Thanks man!
But it seems that most of the other episodes are not being seeded. If you could help out with the rest I will gladly seed these eps for a week or so.
Thank You

8/13/2007 06:21:00 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

Now seeding 7,8,9, and 11 the only unseeded episodes right now

8/13/2007 06:44:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello...sorry to bother...i know that im a lil late but can u reupload beach boys on file hosting like mediafire/rapidshare/megaupload as i cant use torrent... plz, i really want to have this serie...
:(

6/28/2008 10:18:00 AM  
Blogger KID said...

Hi Mr.Kevin.

I'm from Japan. I like the best "Beach Boys".

best scene is..

Kaito's boss fishing talks about "life" to two "Boys" on the breakwater.

1/26/2009 09:13:00 AM  
Blogger Kevin said...

Hi Kid,

My favorite is when the three of them go camping and they realize that they'll need to find their own dreams. That and the hero walking off into the sunset in the end. I just wish that I'd seen the special with English subs.

1/26/2009 01:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home