Old Fart Who Loves Japanese Pop Culture 日本の大衆文化を愛する中年

Japanese Dramas, Manga, Anime and Japanese Movies, Jpop, and anything else about Japanese pop culture that I find interesting.

日本のドラマ、マンガ、アニメ、J-POP、その他私がおもしろいと思った日本の大衆文化について

My Photo
Name:
Location: Akihabara@DEEP, NY, Christmas Island

contact me at kevn57ATgmail.com friend me on goodreads http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1660832-kevin

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Hanazakari no Kimitachi e Screen Shots

Prohibited from Getting into the Boy's Dormitory

Ashiya Mizuki played by Horita Maki (Nobuta wo Produce, Kurosagi, Teppan Shoujo Akane!!, Densha Otoko) is attacked by a gang while living in America. She is saved from her attackers by Sano Izumi played by Oguri Shun (Hana Yori Dango, Densha Otoko), who just happens to be her idol a Japanese high school star high jumper competing in the US. While saving her, he’s injured and retires from the sport. In the opening episode Mizuki arrives disguised at the all boys’ school Sano attends in Japan. She is there for the sole purpose of getting him to start competing again. Nakatsu Shuichi played by Ikuta Toma (Hana Yori Dango 2, Akihabara@deep) worries that he is homosexual when he starts developing feelings for Maki.

I love this show, and think that it’s clearly the best of the summer dramas that I have seen so far. The three lead actors are all terrific in their roles and Ikuta Toma is fast becoming my favorite actor as he has a great flair for comedy and has appeared in three of my favorite shows since last summer, Akihabara@deep, Hana Yori Dango and now this. This drama is based on the manga by Nakajo Hisaya, I have posted the first five pages of an old scanlation just past the screen caps below. The manga has been licensed by VIZ and is now available here.

The first seven episodes have been released and you can download the Raw video bit torrent files here. The soft subs can be downloaded here. SARS is doing a hardsub release and the first six episodes can be downloaded here.


With this opening I figured that I'd love this show!













































Manga Screen Shots




Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

cough cough in that manga shot was that julia i seen. or was i just imagining her... she was in the Taiwan version why cant she be in the Japanese version !!! now who will Nakatsu fall for i mean fight with...

8/31/2007 04:56:00 AM  
Blogger Kevin said...

I haven't seen the Taiwanese version, but I really love this show and the first two volumes of the manga that I've read so far. What's the title of the Taiwan version and is it as good as this jdrama?

8/31/2007 08:09:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home