Old Fart Who Loves Japanese Pop Culture 日本の大衆文化を愛する中年

Japanese Dramas, Manga, Anime and Japanese Movies, Jpop, and anything else about Japanese pop culture that I find interesting.

日本のドラマ、マンガ、アニメ、J-POP、その他私がおもしろいと思った日本の大衆文化について

My Photo
Name:
Location: Akihabara@DEEP, NY, Christmas Island

contact me at kevn57ATgmail.com friend me on goodreads http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1660832-kevin

Sunday, August 12, 2007

TV Champion - Foreign King of Akihabara


If American reality TV was as funny as the game show TV Champion - Foreign King of Akihabara, I'd probably subscribe to cable or at least buy a TV antenna. This show is hilarious, 5 gaijins, a man and woman from America, a man from France, a woman from Germany, and a man from Hong Kong compete to become the King of Akihabara.

The first stage takes place in the studio Anime intro songs are played and the first contestant who dives for a mike and correctly names the song is awarded a point. Think "Name That Tune" except helmets are provided to protect the players. Then the player karaokes the song. One of the contestants are eliminated and we move onto round two.

The Second stage begins as a Flag waving Maid welcomes the emcee and contestants to Akihabara and a new set of challenges on the street.
First a model shop where a figure must be identified by profile in a shadow box
Next A name the Seiyuu
Next at the Anime Center the contestants try out Voice Acting, which really cracks up the emcee.
Next is a name the Anime Scene which just so happens to be Eva
Final contest in the second stage is to don a weird camera drink a shake and then run to the Akihabara cafe that serves it. One player goes to "Maid in Japan" but the correct cafe is "Cos-Cha" a cosplay tea-house.
This stage takes out two players.

Then the Champion stage begins in studio with the final two contestants, doing Gundam Cosplay.
First Question is identify the Maid, by name and cafe.
Next Masako Nozawa a seiyuu from Dragonball delivers part of a line, the contestant must complete it.
Next Vending machine challenge smell soup from an Akihabara vending machine and identify.
Next name the robot (a very very cool robot BTW) KHR 2

The show is presented in Japanese of course and there are no English subtitles but it really is very funny and I understand about 15 words of Japanese but I really enjoyed the show very much. If you like anime, cosplay, models or crazy games I would highly recommend this show.

You can download the raw video bit torrent file here.









































Aaron above is for you! Don't poke your ear out
(listen to WARP 62 for the inside joke)

























Labels: , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous P-chan said...

This sounds really darn funny, I'll definitely have to check it out XD Yeah if American television could be as entertaining as some of these shows on Japanese television, I probably would get cable too... or a tv antenna... lol I don't even know the local channels ^^;;;

8/13/2007 06:10:00 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

lol I don't even know the local channels ^^;;;"

Me either p-chan, and thanks because your group is keeping me royally entertained tonight as I watch "Kurosagi". I'm going to post some screen shots this weekend. LoveSong and Kioku did a great job on the hardsub!

8/13/2007 07:42:00 PM  
Blogger Weekly Anime Review said...

This looks absolutely amazing. I'm grabbing the torrent right now. Thanks again Kevin, you always find the greatest videos.

In other news I haven't used my ear pick yet, but I'll try not to dig too deep. :)

8/18/2007 11:33:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anyone know where to direct download it? since there's no more seeder for the torrent

4/15/2013 02:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home