Old Fart Who Loves Japanese Pop Culture 日本の大衆文化を愛する中年

Japanese Dramas, Manga, Anime and Japanese Movies, Jpop, and anything else about Japanese pop culture that I find interesting.

日本のドラマ、マンガ、アニメ、J-POP、その他私がおもしろいと思った日本の大衆文化について

My Photo
Name:
Location: Akihabara@DEEP, NY, Christmas Island

contact me at kevn57ATgmail.com friend me on goodreads http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1660832-kevin

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Gokusen Screen Caps

Yamaguchi Kumiko played by Nakama Yukie (Erai Tokoro ni Totsuide Shimatta!, Musashi) is standing at a mike on an auditorium stage introducing herself, she gets more and more animated as she continues, after a big finish the camera pulls back to reveal an empty gym. Then the scene shifts and she is being introduced along with another new teacher, Fujiyama Shizuka played by Ito Misaki (Densha Otoko, Kiken na Aneki) by the head teacher Sawatari Goro played by Namase Katsuhisa (Galcir, Gokusen 2), to her fellow teachers. She is told that she will be a math teacher assigned to class 3-D as their homeroom teacher. Of course class 3-D is the biggest bunch of trouble makers in the school, her students are lead by Sawada Shin played by Matsumoto Jun (HYD, Bambino) along with Uchiyama Haruhiko played by Oguri Shun (HYD, Hana Kimi),, Noda Takeshi played by Narimiya Hiroki (Sushi Oji!, Orange Days) and "Kuma" played by Waki Tomohiro (Hotman, Gokusen 2).
Only the principal know’s Kumiko’s secret that she is 4th generation heir to the Ooedo Group (yakuza clan), the grand daughter of Kuroda Ryuichiro played by Utsui Ken (Yamada Taro Monogatari, Pretty Girls). If the other teachers or students find out she’ll be fired. But the yakuza clan members adore her and always want to protect her.
This show has many similarities to GTO, but in general is much more of a comedy then GTO. Both teachers have shadowy pasts, but Onizuka uses his biker gang to scare the kids, while Kumiko must hide her past but makes occasional slips using yakuza phrases when she gets upset. The most striking similarity however is that they are both so committed to their students that they will do anything necessary to protect them. Nakama Yukie doesn’t have to carry this show the way that Sorimachi steals GTO but she is a great actress and very beautiful, just not when she’s in her jogging suit. If you like school drama comedies like Yamada Taro Monogatari I’m pretty sure you’ll like this. There’s also a manga and anime but I didn’t like them as much as the drama. The second season is fun too just not quite as good as the first. But has quite the talented cast of new students including Kamenashi Kazuya, Akanishi Jin, and Hayami Mokomichi. The ratings for the second season are actually higher then first season.


Download the bit torrent files for the SARS hard sub release complete series 1 and 2 here. All the episodes are well seeded.

I posted a YouTube video of the Gokusen theme song Feel Your Breeze by the band V6 with clips from the show is after the screen shots .


















































Gokusen: Feel Your Breeze by V6 with show clips

Labels: , , , ,

Link to Post

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are specials for each of the season. I was able to locate the first one with soft sub. Do you happen to know where I can find the sub for the second special named Gokusen Reunion Special? I am downloading the raw file from BT at this point. Thank you in advance. GiGi

11/15/2007 07:50:00 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

@GiGi sorry but as far as I know that hasn't been subbed by any group. It's a recap of the series along with some cast comments and a song by Kamenashi Kazuya

11/15/2007 09:16:00 PM  
Anonymous timo said...

wow! this is great to see! I've only seen a few eps. of the anime gokusen; did not even know about this. (forgive my ignorance, goo d people!) the characters here look perfect; thanks for sharing.

12/20/2007 09:17:00 PM  
Blogger machinato said...

I just started watching Gokusen, and it looks good. However, I'd like to see more of Ito Misaki. She's sometimes wasted as a side character on some of the shows.

2/18/2008 04:47:00 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

@machinato I believe her first co-starring role came later in 2002 when she appeared in You're Under Arrest as Natsumi, her later dramas after Densha Otoko she is the star, if you haven't seen last summers Yama Onna Kabe Onna or the currently airing Edison no Haha I recommend them both highly. I'm a big fan of her's, I see her every time I login my computer at work. My co workers want to know who Moe is My Wallaper

2/19/2008 01:34:00 PM  
Anonymous Onigirifb said...

Hi,

I don't know if you are a fan of Kat-tun (two of the members starred in gokusen 2) but I wanted to let you know I'm writing a book using the band as a base. Yamapi and Horikita Maki will be playing a key role in the book also. I've borrowed some themes from some famous jdramas as an inside joke and a clue as to who the story is based on. Please read it if you have a chance. It's meant for young adults so it maybe a little youngish. However, there are jdrama themes that may be fun for you. Thanks.

5/24/2008 12:29:00 PM  
Blogger filigirl said...

it's so fantastic...
the number 1 japanese play..

3/27/2009 04:56:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home