Old Fart Who Loves Japanese Pop Culture 日本の大衆文化を愛する中年

Japanese Dramas, Manga, Anime and Japanese Movies, Jpop, and anything else about Japanese pop culture that I find interesting.

日本のドラマ、マンガ、アニメ、J-POP、その他私がおもしろいと思った日本の大衆文化について

My Photo
Name:
Location: Akihabara@DEEP, NY, Christmas Island

contact me at kevn57ATgmail.com friend me on goodreads http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1660832-kevin

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Ouran High School Host Club

Haruhi is searching for a quiet place to read after school. She enters what she assumes is an unused music room only to find the Host Club instead, where six of the most popular male students spend their time. Haruhi is a special student in the school as she is a commoner and the poorest student amongst the rich and elite students. The hosts mistake her for a guy and she breaks a vase worth 8 million yen accidentally. From this day forward she’ll work as an errand runner for the club to pay off her debt.

I was seriously bummed that Hanazakari no Kimitachi e was over and wanted something else to relieve fill the void. So I’m watching this anime that combines some of the best parts of three of my favorite dramas, first Hana Yori Dango, Haruhi like Tsukushi is the poorest student in the school and attracts the attention of the most desired males in the school. Second like Yamada Taro Monogatari she is going to have to start working to pay off her debt, lastly like Hana Kimi everybody in the school believes her to be a boy. I didn’t have time to watch this when it aired in 2006 but at least I downloaded it for a rainy day. I really like this a lot at least the first two episodes I’ve seen have been great. I would recommend this to anyone who liked the dramas I mentioned above or who liked the anime Fruit Baskets or Love Hina. It’s been Licensed by FUNimation Entertainment, no release date has been announced on their site, but it looks like it won’t start until 2008. I hope they hurry because I really want to get this one DVD.

The YouTube videos for “Sakura Kiss” by Chieko Kawabe are posted after the screen caps, Shissou by Last Alliance is the ending theme with slide show.
















































Sakura Kiss by Chieko Kawabe


Shissou by Last Alliance

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home