Old Fart Who Loves Japanese Pop Culture 日本の大衆文化を愛する中年

Japanese Dramas, Manga, Anime and Japanese Movies, Jpop, and anything else about Japanese pop culture that I find interesting.

日本のドラマ、マンガ、アニメ、J-POP、その他私がおもしろいと思った日本の大衆文化について

My Photo
Name:
Location: Akihabara@DEEP, NY, Christmas Island

contact me at kevn57ATgmail.com friend me on goodreads http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1660832-kevin

Saturday, September 29, 2007

Stand Up!!

Ninomiya Kazunari (Yamada Taro Monogatari, Haikei, Chichiue-sama ) as Shouhei is the star and narrator of the drama. He's sitting in class debating what to do. He decides to inform his homeroom teacher, that while cleaning the library that morning he found a pair of panties. Two of the least likely students confess to the crime. Shouhei's 3 friends, Kengo played by Yamashita Tomohisa (Proposal Daisakusen, Nobuta wo Produce), Hayato played by Narimiya Hiroki (Sushi Oji!, Orange Days) and Kouji played by Oguri Shun (Hana Kimi, Hana Yori Dango) rescue him from the library. Then Becky as Kaga Ellen and three of her friends taunt Shouhei and his friends saying they are the last four virgins in the school. Shaku Yumiko (Himitsu no Hanazono, Saiyuuki) is Isuzu a teacher and the one bright spot in Shouhei's day. Then as Shouhei daydreams about Isuzu on his way home from school he runs into Oowada Chie played by Suzuki Anne (Ganbatte Ikimasshoi, Hana and Alice), a childhood friend, who much to Shouhei dismay winds up staying with his family for the summer.

My apologies to Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "My Top 10 School Dramas": who said Stand Up!! is in my top 10. I forgot that so much happened at school this indeed should also have been in my top 10 school drama list as well as romantic comedies. Anyways this show is terrific, the cast just can't be beat and the story is funny from beginning to end. It seems like Oguri Shun is in just about every drama in both my top 10 lists so far, not only is he a talented actor he must have a great manager to pick such good material for him.

Unfortunately this drama had a very poor release and I saw it off an old VCD with English and Chinese subs, all the episodes were combined together. The good news is that Nya fansubs is doing a DVD hardsub release that is the source for the screen caps, so far they have posted episodes 1-8 and the bit torrent files can be downloaded here. All the episodes are well seeded right now.

The theme song is Kotoba Yori Taisetsu na Mono by Arashi can be downloaded as a seprate file or with the rest of the CD 5x5 The Best Selection Of 2002-2004, the bit torrent file can be downloaded here, it doesn't have a lot of seeders so it'll probably take a while to download.










































Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Silly said...

I am loving working on this project... although it's taken quite some time completing this series. :D The end is... [I can't post spoilers]

-Kamui6

11/29/2007 12:34:00 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

@silly I'm just waiting, patiently that is until you finish the series then I'll re-watch the whole glorious series one weekend. Thanks for working on it.

11/30/2007 05:45:00 PM  
Blogger haru said...

I loved Stand Up it is an excellent comedy packed with hilarious situations and bizzare characters but they are completely lovely at the same time.
I love Ninomiya in this series he's such a good actor!!!

12/09/2007 02:48:00 PM  
Blogger Silly said...

Kevin, you might not have to wait much long. Only one more ep to go. When it's all done, I can give you a link to get the files fast. :D

12/10/2007 11:36:00 AM  
Blogger Kevin said...

@Haru Ninomiya is one of my favorite actors, I loved him in Yamada Taro Monogatari and Haikei, Chichiue-sama and Yasashii Jikan was also terrific. But it this show he has just a cast to go along it's a wonderful show.

@ Silly I can give you a link to get the files fast. :D
I'd love that, the fall drama season has been somewhat disappointing so I really look forward to watching this series again.

12/10/2007 02:32:00 PM  
Blogger Silly said...

We've completed and released ep 11, with this the series is completed. Email me an address where I can send you the link with the password for the series. Silly6@gmail.com

-Silly

12/14/2007 12:52:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home