Old Fart Who Loves Japanese Pop Culture 日本の大衆文化を愛する中年

Japanese Dramas, Manga, Anime and Japanese Movies, Jpop, and anything else about Japanese pop culture that I find interesting.

日本のドラマ、マンガ、アニメ、J-POP、その他私がおもしろいと思った日本の大衆文化について

My Photo
Name:
Location: Akihabara@DEEP, NY, Christmas Island

contact me at kevn57ATgmail.com friend me on goodreads http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1660832-kevin

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Sushi Oji! Screen Caps

Sushi Oji! Is the quest of a man striving to become strong, to defend the weak, to master the martial arts. He witnessed the tragic death of his father and grandfather when he was only ten and already a famous sushi chef. Since then he has forsaken sushi, lived with his master in the hope to become strong and to overcome his greatest weakness Fish Eye Phobia. This show is absolutely hilarious, it opens on a fishing dock where three fisherman hassle a pretty girl,Minamoto Umi, then Tsukasa Maizu AKA Sushi Oji, suddenly appears on the dock and warns the fisherman to stop. They beat him up. Umi attacks the fisherman putting one in a submission hold and yells for Oji to flee, which he does. This is classic manga stuff, but from what I can tell it's not based on any manga at least not any with that title, it's probably just a parody but very well done. I've seen the first two episodes and have thoroughly enjoyed them. If you like silly shows that can really make you laugh I think you'll like this show. I wish I had started watching it sooner. Oh and thank god the perm didn't hold!

The two stars are great together, Domoto Koichi who was also excellent in Remote and Yonimo Kimyona Monogatari 2006 is Sushi Oji!, and Minamoto Umi is played by Kato Natsuki (Attack No.1,in HYD2 as Ogawara Shigeru ((fiancee of Domyouji))

Love Song Productions is doing a very nice hardsub edition and have released the first four episodes, you can download the bit torrent files here. Thanks alot P-chan for another great release.








































Labels: , , , ,

Link to Post

3 Comments:

Anonymous Lee Miller said...

Haha, Love it.

9/04/2007 02:08:00 PM  
Anonymous P-chan said...

Once I saw the "Okinawa's Sea Turtle," I knew I was gonna love working on this series XD it's pure crack. At first, I was reluctant to sub this because... I actually DO have Fish Eye Phobia _o_ I don't go super saiyan like Tsukasa, but seeing a fish makes my heart jump even if it's just on the computer screen! _o_ Keep fish at least 50 feet away from me! lol >_< Enjoy the drama. We're a tad behind because school started up for most of the staff. Episode 5 should be out before the week is over.

9/04/2007 10:35:00 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

@pchanI actually DO have Fish Eye Phobia _o_ I don't go super saiyan like Tsukasa
p-chan maybe working on the series will either overcome your phobia or cause your hair to stand straight up like Tsukasas. Seriously though thanks for doing it and never mind rushing it's a great hobby but you won't enjoy it if you pressure yourselves. Real life caught up with me pretty severely earlier this summer, and school is more important. I look forward to the subs whenever they are done. I'm off to watch episode 4 right now!

@lee Glad you like it also. It's really so funny.

9/05/2007 06:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home