Old Fart Who Loves Japanese Pop Culture 日本の大衆文化を愛する中年

Japanese Dramas, Manga, Anime and Japanese Movies, Jpop, and anything else about Japanese pop culture that I find interesting.

日本のドラマ、マンガ、アニメ、J-POP、その他私がおもしろいと思った日本の大衆文化について

My Photo
Name:
Location: Akihabara@DEEP, NY, Christmas Island

contact me at kevn57ATgmail.com friend me on goodreads http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1660832-kevin

Friday, October 05, 2007

Asunaro Hakusho Screen Caps

The drama opens with a series of pictures from a college club of five friends, three men and two women with opening dialog from the star Ishida Hikari (Card Queen, Suiyoubi no Jouji) playing Narumi. The opening scene is the entrance exam where Narumi towards the end of the test has problems with her pencil, a guy who’s finished the test Tsutsui Michitaka (Shinsengumi, Gyokuran) as Tamotsu drops a pencil on her desk as he leaves the exam. After finding that she’s passed, she looks around the campus and come across a group of four students, Kimura Takuya (Long Vacation, Pride) as Osamu, Nishijima Hidetoshi (Yama Onna Kabe Onna, Unfair) as Junichiro, Suzuki Anju (Anego, Mukodono! ) as Saeki and Tamotsu who all went to high school together and she is invited to join their club Asunaro Hakusho.
I’m going to do something very rare and give a negative review, I usually only post about the stuff that I like but I watched the first episode of this yesterday and was bored as I sat through it. The reason I downloaded it, this was Kimura Takuya first major role and while I’ve enjoyed so many of his other dramas this however didn’t grab me at all. He’s not the star and at least in the first episode didn’t have much of a part. It’s really not fair to judge a show by just one episode but I don’t feel like watching any more of this. It was pretty slow moving and the lead apparently fell in love with Tamotsu because he lent her a pencil. But he seems humorless and dour and the other two male leads seem much better.
Like I said this is a pretty unfair review based on only one episode, so if anyone feels strongly either for or against this show email me and I’ll edit the post and include another view point.
It’s the series of the week so it should download pretty quickly if you want to check it out for yourself. Get the bit torrent files for all the episodes and the OST here.





















Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous BlueSee said...

You have to watch the rest of this series! I understand why it was boring for the first episode, they didn't give you a reason to connect or understand the characters. They kinda just clump everyone together and make em' friends without any reason for it. But trust me, it start s to pick up after Ep.2 I don't want spoil anything. Just watch!

10/15/2007 01:28:00 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

@BlueSee
Thanks very much, I just started watching Antique, but when I'm done I'll give this another shot.

10/15/2007 02:54:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home