Old Fart Who Loves Japanese Pop Culture 日本の大衆文化を愛する中年

Japanese Dramas, Manga, Anime and Japanese Movies, Jpop, and anything else about Japanese pop culture that I find interesting.

日本のドラマ、マンガ、アニメ、J-POP、その他私がおもしろいと思った日本の大衆文化について

My Photo
Name:
Location: Akihabara@DEEP, NY, Christmas Island

contact me at kevn57ATgmail.com friend me on goodreads http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1660832-kevin

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Bamboo Blade Screen Caps

Episode 1 Bamboo Broom and Comrades of Justice
The anime begins in the kendo dojo as the lone member second year Kirino practices, Kojirou sensei complains that she is being too loud while he’s talking on the phone. Kirino asks if he was talking to his girlfriend he lies but she through it right away. She gets him to practice with her, but he complains she just likes beating on people. The scene shifts to Kojirou’s home where he finds he has no money in the bank, then switchs to a bar where he is drinking with his friend who proposes a bet. Then the lazy Kojirou is fired up, he must gather the five warriors and create the strongest army. Next he’s back in the dojo sparring furiously with Kirino, she wants to know why suddenly he’s so serious. He tells her he needs to get five girls to form a team so they can have a match against his friends team. He doesn’t tell her it’s so he gets free meals for a year. Nakata and Eiga enter but Kojirou throws them out he’s only looking for girls to join. Outside they get a demonstration of anime loving Tamaki kendo skills and Kojirou immediately asks her to join but she says she’s not interested.

I don’t like fighting anime or manga like Air Gear or Tenjho Tenge I just get too bored with the constant power-ups, the stuff works great in games but not in fiction as far as I’m concerned. So I looked at the promo picture and almost didn’t download this, but I’m so glad that I did. I absolutely loved it, this is the best of the new anime that I’ve seen this new fall season. I liked it so much that as soon as it finished I checked to see if it came from a manga or light novel and it is a manga which hasn’t been licensed yet unfortunately but I found scanlations and posted the chapter 1 of the manga which this episode of the anime was very faithful too. I’d recommend this to anyone who enjoys a good school comedy like School Rumble or Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, I just hope the rest of the series lives up to this opening episode.

Download the English hardsub episode one bit torrent file here.








































Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger G2 said...

Tama-chan my idol!

2/14/2008 06:20:00 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

@G2 Mine too, she's a true fighter for justice and she cracks me up too.

2/15/2008 08:32:00 AM  
Blogger G2 said...

My Braver lost her match in episode 22. I am so sad. :(

3/16/2008 01:06:00 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

@G2 I wasn't surprised that she lost but I hope like a Phoenix she rises from the ashes. We had a hint that it was coming when she met the other coach at the hospital.

I'd love to see Braver made into an anime like they did with Genshiken. It has the potential to be much better then Kujibiki Unbalance.

3/16/2008 03:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home