Old Fart Who Loves Japanese Pop Culture 日本の大衆文化を愛する中年

Japanese Dramas, Manga, Anime and Japanese Movies, Jpop, and anything else about Japanese pop culture that I find interesting.

日本のドラマ、マンガ、アニメ、J-POP、その他私がおもしろいと思った日本の大衆文化について

My Photo
Name:
Location: Akihabara@DEEP, NY, Christmas Island

contact me at kevn57ATgmail.com friend me on goodreads http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1660832-kevin

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Iryu Episode 1 Screen Caps

The drama opens in a refuge camp where a blood splattered Dr Katou Akira played by Inamori Izumi (Beach Boys, Long Vacation) in a M.S.A.P tent is mistreating her staff. She’s given a lecture by a fellow doctor and advised that she should observe Medical Team Dragon and the extraordinary doctor that they have. One year passes and in a lonely beach shack a man finishes sex with a woman grabs a bottle of bourbon and tells her to leave when he receives a call. Satohara Miki played by Mizukawa Asami (Yamada Taro Monogatari, Nodame Cantabile) passes the woman on the beach, but is surprised when she enters to find Dr Katou with Asada Ryuutarou played by Sakaguchi Kenji (Pride, Ikebukuro West Gate Park). In a three way conversation on the beach we learn that Miki was a nurse on Dr. Asada’s Medical Team Dragon, that Dr Katou had observed. Katou is offering a job to Asada who’s no longer practicing, Katou wants Asada to perform a difficult operation that will advance her career. He agrees to come look over the hospital and there he meets other doctors, Ijyuuin Noboru played by Koike Teppei (Gokusen 2, Dragon Zakura), Kihara Takehiko played by Ikeda Tetsuhiro (Himitsu no Hanazono, Musashi), Kitou Shoko played by Natsuki Mari (First Kiss, Nobuta wo Produce), Arase Monji played by Abe Sadao (First Kiss, Summer Snow), Fujiyoshi Keishi played by Sasaki Kuranosuke (Bambino!, Tokyo Friends) and the dictatorial head of the hospital Noguchi Keno played by Kishibe Ittoku (Iryu 2, Maison Ikkoku).

I didn’t watch this drama when it aired in the spring of 2006 but with the new season already begun I figured that I ought to give it a try. I’m not a big fan of medical shows but this first episode was very slick with a rock soundtrack and what looks like a continuing storyline where Ryuutarou battles the abuses found at the hospital. It features a great cast many favorites from other dramas. So I’ll want to watch some more of this and post screen caps of episode one of the current second season once the fan subs are released. If you like medical show like ER I think you'll enjoy this drama.

Download the batch file with all eleven episodes and the OST here. You can also download Iryu 2 episode one at that link. Complete set of soft subs here.





































Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Silly6 said...

I am also not a fan of medical dramas but I actually enjoyed watching Iryu 1. [Ok, the other medical drama I absolutely loves is House and it's more a love for the character house's sarcastic sense of humor."] The song "Aesthetic" from the OST will be in my playlist for a long time.

12/26/2007 10:17:00 AM  
Blogger Kevin said...

The song "Aesthetic" from the OST will be in my playlist for a long time

It's a great OST, I didn't d/l it when I got the series and by the time I started watching the series and finding out how much I liked the music, the OST only had 1 seeder and 1 leecher so it took a long time to d/l but it was well worth the wait.

12/26/2007 05:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home