Old Fart Who Loves Japanese Pop Culture 日本の大衆文化を愛する中年

Japanese Dramas, Manga, Anime and Japanese Movies, Jpop, and anything else about Japanese pop culture that I find interesting.

日本のドラマ、マンガ、アニメ、J-POP、その他私がおもしろいと思った日本の大衆文化について

My Photo
Name:
Location: Akihabara@DEEP, NY, Christmas Island

contact me at kevn57ATgmail.com friend me on goodreads http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1660832-kevin

Friday, October 05, 2007

Negima! Magister Negi Magi Screen Caps

Negima! Magister Negi Magi 魔法先生ネギま!
I watched the first episode of the Live Action adaptation of Akamatsu Ken's manga last night after reading a few bad reviews on other blogs and manga forums, I was still interested enough to check it out. I’ve read around five or six volumes of the manga and like it enough that I wanted to see how they adapted it. No subtitles have been released and I haven’t seen any groups show any interest in subbing it so I went ahead and watched the RAW release. I don’t understand Japanese but it’s close enough to the manga storyline so I barely understood what’s going on.

The show opens with Asuna being abandoned as a child. Then jumps forward to her running to meet the bus that Takamichi Sensei, the teacher she has a crush on. Negi flies in saves a dog, meets Asuna, sneezes and embarrasses her in front of Takamichi. Negi then makes her a love potion to use on Takamichi but she refuses and forces him to drink it instead. After that all the girls in his class chase after him.

It certainly didn’t seem as bad as the reviews I’ve read also it wasn’t really ecchi like the manga, no panty shots or lolicon stuff. I’ll download the next one when it’s released and if subtitles are released I’ll re-watch episode one. Maybe the reviews I read were by people, who understand Japanese, but I don’t understand the language and it’s hard to evaluate something if you can’t understand the dialogue, I got some laughs from it though and liked it better than the anime. I’d say the show is definitely for fans of the manga only. Wakatsuki Sara plays Asuna and performs the ending theme.

Download the bit torrent file for the RAW video release here.












































Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home