Old Fart Who Loves Japanese Pop Culture 日本の大衆文化を愛する中年

Japanese Dramas, Manga, Anime and Japanese Movies, Jpop, and anything else about Japanese pop culture that I find interesting.

日本のドラマ、マンガ、アニメ、J-POP、その他私がおもしろいと思った日本の大衆文化について

My Photo
Name:
Location: Akihabara@DEEP, NY, Christmas Island

contact me at kevn57ATgmail.com friend me on goodreads http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1660832-kevin

Friday, October 26, 2007

Yukan Club 有閑倶楽部 Episode 2 Screen Caps

Shochikubai Miroku played by Akanishi Jin (Anego, Gokusen 2) is flying a remote control helicopter and about to open fire on an empty can when a bored Yuri played by Minami (Battle Royale, Kaikidaisakusen) comes along and kicks it. Bido played by Taguchi Junnosuke (Hanayome to Papa, Ganbatte Ikimasshoi) sits checking his voice mail with Karen played by Suzuki Emi (Long Love Letter, Lunch no Joou) who’s checking her makeup in the Yukan Club while Seishiro played by Yokoyama Yu (Haikei, Chichiue-sama, Food Fight) and Noriko played by Kashii Yu (My Boss My Hero, Sexy Voice and Robo) play Go. There is a knock on the door and a student’s voice asks to be allowed to enter, then a flood of students bearing gifts mostly for Bido and Karen enter before the lunch hour ends. The man hating Noriko refuses the letter that a student offers her, but Yuri gladly accepts the thin roll sushi offered by a female classmate. As lunch ends the club is confronted by the principal and warned because of their already poor attendance if anyone of them is absent then they will be expelled. Then the scene shifts as Yuri arrives home, and the bored girl decides to take her cats for a walk. Miroku gets home and his dad tells him the only thing cool about being Police Commissioner is the title but Miroku is bored too so he takes his motorcycle out. As Yuri is walking the two cats, two guys wielding a bat and a cattle prod kidnap her and the cats. Will the rest of Club be able to get her back safely?
This is another random episode; I was really hoping that some central storyline thread would begin to emerge now that the introductory episode was out of the way but so far nothing to tie this drama together at all, except for the Club. But I still liked the crazy plot and a few of the cool touches they added, like playing the Flight of the Valkyries when Jin is flying the helicopter and using the cat to deliver the ransom note. Like you can get a cat to do anything, Japanese cats must be better trained then mine! Still recommended if you enjoy random mysteries like Sexy Voice and Robo or Kuitan.
Love Song did another great job with the English hardsub release and you can download the bit torrent file here. Thanks p-chan for the hard work and fast release!














































Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous P-chan said...

I actually found Yuri to be adorable in this one XD I tried walking both of my previous cats... how come they don't move T_T Yuri had no trouble with the one cat.

This drama gotta have some storyline somewhere... Another disappointing episode for me.

I tried Utahime the other day. The first ep wasn't that good but I hope it will pick up. I'm looking forward to subs for Swan no Baka. Watching it for Atsuko Maeda (I'm a huge AKB48 fan). I'm actually for subs for quite a few dramas. Hopefully I'll find something I like.

10/26/2007 05:06:00 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

@P-chan I'm most looking forward to Hataraki Man, I loved the anime, and really like both Kanno Miho and Yoshizawa Yuu. The Mop Girl preview looked pretty funny. I want to check out Hatachi no Koibito because Nagasawa Masami is in it but it looks a lot like Jodan ja nai! which wasn't too good. Also Joshi Deka! may be a random show but I love Nakama Yukie. Lastly Abarenbo Mama because I adore Ueto Aya, I even liked her in Hotelier which in general I wouldn't have finished watching.

My favorite show of the 3 out with English subs is Dream Again, and I'm not a sports fan but I really liked both of the episodes so far.

Biyo Shonen Celebrity is the worst show I've seen so far, only good thing about it was Yuki Saya was a guest star for the first two episodes.

10/27/2007 09:36:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home