Old Fart Who Loves Japanese Pop Culture 日本の大衆文化を愛する中年

Japanese Dramas, Manga, Anime and Japanese Movies, Jpop, and anything else about Japanese pop culture that I find interesting.

日本のドラマ、マンガ、アニメ、J-POP、その他私がおもしろいと思った日本の大衆文化について

My Photo
Name:
Location: Akihabara@DEEP, NY, Christmas Island

contact me at kevn57ATgmail.com friend me on goodreads http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1660832-kevin

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Hatachi no Koibito Screen Caps

This drama is about two people who live in two different cities, Tokyo and Osaka, the two big cities that represent Japan. In Osaka Inoue Keisuke played by Akashiya Sanma (Satokibi Batake no Uta, Amai Seikatsu) is a 50 year old sales manager at International Natural Foods. Times are changing at the company and Keisuke isn’t entirely happy with the changes, but he continues to work hard to achieve the goals of his life. In Tokyo Sawada Yuri played by Nagasawa Masami (Proposal Daisakusen, Romeo and Juliet) is a 20 year old student who interns at a design studio where she has just been offered a job after she graduates. She’s also working part-time as a hotel maid to pay for her school and living expenses. She charms the old men she shops from for discounts. She’s looking forward to life while Keisuke is starting to look back. Later these two meet by chance.

I wasn’t really impressed by this drama’s first episode, the supporting cast is good with Morishita Aiko (Ikebukuro West Gate Park, Kisarazu Cat's Eye) playing Keisuke’s wife and Ichimura Masachika (Bambino!, My Boss My Hero) his friend a famous novelist. Tsukamoto Takashi (Teppan Shoujo Akane!!, Tokkyu Tanaka San Go) plays Yuri’s college friend and Kimura Midoriko (Yasashii Jikan, Star no Koi) her mother. I found this first episode very slow and while I understand that introductory episodes have to impart a lot of information to get the story started the scene in the karaoke bar just seemed to go on forever and I was getting as bored as the employees who were sneaking away as Keisuke reminisces. Later the episode’s pace picked up but even though I’m old I don’t want to see the 50 year old married salary man wind up with the 20 year old co-ed. But that may not be where the series is headed anyways so I’ll watch a few more episodes to see how the pacing is, there’s not a lot of subbed fall drama season released yet so I'll give this another chance.

Download the RAW video bit torrent files for the first four episodes here and the first episode English soft subs here.
































Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

He's the FATHER!
no worries !(*&^)!

11/21/2007 08:15:00 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

He's the FATHER!
no worries !(*&^)!


I think so too and after watching the first disc of Koi Kaze I'm even more scared of what might be coming! Actually the second episode was a little less boring then the first, but I'm still not sold on the series, I'll try one more episode.

11/21/2007 08:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home