Old Fart Who Loves Japanese Pop Culture 日本の大衆文化を愛する中年

Japanese Dramas, Manga, Anime and Japanese Movies, Jpop, and anything else about Japanese pop culture that I find interesting.

日本のドラマ、マンガ、アニメ、J-POP、その他私がおもしろいと思った日本の大衆文化について

My Photo
Name:
Location: Akihabara@DEEP, NY, Christmas Island

contact me at kevn57ATgmail.com friend me on goodreads http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1660832-kevin

Friday, November 09, 2007

Yukan Club 有閑倶楽部 Episode 4 Screen Caps

Bido played by Taguchi Junnosuke (Hanayome to Papa, Ganbatte Ikimasshoi) has admirers lined up with tokens of their love as he enters the school grounds, he meets up with the rest of the Yukan Club, Shochikubai Miroku played by Akanishi Jin (Anego, Gokusen 2), Seishiro played by Yokoyama Yu (Haikei, Chichiue-sama, Food Fight), Yuri played by Minami (Battle Royale, Kaikidaisakusen), Noriko played by Kashii Yu (My Boss My Hero, Sexy Voice and Robo) and Karen played by Suzuki Emi (Long Love Letter, Lunch no Joou) in the school garden where Karen invites everyone to a party at her house that evening to celebrate a 20th Anniversary. Yuri of course wants to know about the food, but then she spoils the principal’s secret photo he’s taking of Bido. Miroku wants to know if the principal also fancies Bido. But the principal tells Bido that his daughter fell in love with him at first sight and the photo is promised to her. Bido playfully agrees and poses for the camera. Noriko and Karen warn Bido that making fun of people like that he’ll wind up paying for it one day. That night at the party as Bido is bringing wine to his latest conquest he bumps into a rich but miserly old woman. Noriko and Karen warning may already be coming true.

This was my least favourite episode so far, because of what happens much later in the episode that I don’t want to spoil so I won’t post about. I really like Taguchi Junnosuke but the writers of this show are underutilizing his talents. In fact Yuri, Noriko and Karen are also used marginally. I think Karen and Bido should use their sex appeal to trap or trick suspects of the opposite sex so the rest of the club can execute a plan. Yuri should use her extraordinary appetite to provide a clue to a case like “Kuitan”, Noriko the head of the literature club should bring some obscure literary clue to a case that no else would know about. It would be nice if Bido and Yuri were more then just the brunt of jokes. I would like to see the writers focus more on the team as a whole. All that being said I still enjoyed the episode and will continue to watch and post about it.

Love Song has done their usual fine job with the English hardsub release and the bit torrent file for the first four episodes can be downloaded here.











































Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous P-chan said...

I really looked forward to this episode because I hoped that this would give viewers a chance to see what Bido can do but the producer of this drama turned him into a whiney little scaredy cat -_- I too would like Bido and Karen to actually use their ..."talent" to help the team somehow. It's like they try tell us that each character has a unique personality and skill but then they seem to forget all of that once the camera starts filming -_-

Just a general remark regarding subbing and this season's dramas... there's quite a few shows that have been hyped up but haven't been really good. ...and... where are the subs? I really wonder about that. There's a few that I would really like to see. Some are already halfway over and I've yet to see ep. 1 subbed. *scratches head* As a viewer, I'm being quite patient. As a subber, I'm kinda going omg it doesn't take that long XD I really want to see Swan no Baka. I'm hearing a lot of good things about it but since there are no subs, I'm really holding off on watching it. Please recommend me something good to watch ^_^ I'm at my parents' house bored to death! lol

11/10/2007 11:38:00 AM  
Blogger Kevin said...

@p-chan recommend me something good to watch ^_^ I'm at my parents' house bored to death! lol

I really want to see Hataraki Man and Swan no Baka but I'm like you I'll wait for the subs I don't want the plot spoiled by seeing what happens but not understanding the language so no idea why. So far Galileo and Yukan have been the best two dramas, I saw the first episode of Hatachi no Koibito and while I really like Nagasawa Masami I don't want the old guy to wind up with her, even though I'm an OLD guy. I thought it was a little slow too. Mop Girl was fun but only one episode subbed so that series could be either very good or not.
If you haven't seen "Haken no Hinkaku" I just sent the final episode subs back to the primary editor so I expect the complete series will be done subbed within a week. It's an OL drama starring Shinohara Ryoko and I really enjoyed that. I know your a fan of @Deep the anime Genshiken is terrific and the first whole season is out along with the OVA from last spring and the first 5 episodes in this 2nd and final series.

11/10/2007 12:23:00 PM  
Blogger Weekly Anime Review said...

That has to be the blondest Japanese guy I've ever seen. :P Sounds like a cool show I'll have to check it out!

11/11/2007 11:21:00 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

@ Aaron the blondest Japanese guy I've ever seen.

It is a bit of a shock, he still had brown hair in June when they finished filming Hanayome to Papa. He's pretty funny I really liked him on Cartoon KAT-TUN cooking with Maki.

11/12/2007 02:23:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home