Old Fart Who Loves Japanese Pop Culture 日本の大衆文化を愛する中年

Japanese Dramas, Manga, Anime and Japanese Movies, Jpop, and anything else about Japanese pop culture that I find interesting.

日本のドラマ、マンガ、アニメ、J-POP、その他私がおもしろいと思った日本の大衆文化について

My Photo
Name:
Location: Akihabara@DEEP, NY, Christmas Island

contact me at kevn57ATgmail.com friend me on goodreads http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1660832-kevin

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Genshiken Novel Hainyu- Ranjin no Yabo- Return of the Otaku




The official website for the Genshiken television anime series has announced that Artdink game creator Kazutoshi Iida (Doshin the Giant, Aquanaut's Holiday) will publish "another Genshiken story" under Kodansha's KC Novels imprint on January 23. Shimoku Kio, the creator of the original manga about life in an otaku college club, has drawn the prose novel's cover. Genshiken Hainyu- Ranjin no Yabo-~Return of the OTAKU~ will be published on January 23 for 940 yen (about US$8.20). Iida's personal blog hints at a game tie-in with the manga. Kodansha also published the original manga, which Del Rey published in English. ANN

The first part of the name translates roughly as “the ambition/treachery of the Dutch pilgrims”, Heisei Democracy


My wishful thinking from the title translation by Heisei “the ambition/treachery of the Dutch pilgrims” is the novel takes up the following year when Suzy is supposed to transfer to Japan as an exchange student. I might be way off base but I'd love to read a novel about President Oguie, Suzy and Kucchi. However the cover looks like it centers on Ohno, Saki and Madarame, but you can never tell a book by it's cover.
I hope that a fan group gets together to translate like they did for Haruhi Suzumiya. Hopefully with the seal of approval by the mangaka Shimoku Kio, drawing the cover the novel will keep the spirit of the original manga alive. The second season of the anime wraps up this week, so I'll really be happy if somone fansubs or Del Rey releases the new novel.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the good news. I thought I was going through Genshiken withdrawal once I finished the series. So there is indeed something to look forward to in 2008. GiGi

12/28/2007 02:58:00 PM  
Blogger timo said...

yeah, I want to see that, too.

12/28/2007 07:01:00 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

So there is indeed something to look forward to in 2008.
Only if we get someone to translate it. I hope a fansub group does it first so I can read it soon after it comes out, and then Del Rey releases it so I can buy the book. I don't want too much do I :-)

12/28/2007 09:57:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home