Old Fart Who Loves Japanese Pop Culture 日本の大衆文化を愛する中年

Japanese Dramas, Manga, Anime and Japanese Movies, Jpop, and anything else about Japanese pop culture that I find interesting.

日本のドラマ、マンガ、アニメ、J-POP、その他私がおもしろいと思った日本の大衆文化について

My Photo
Name:
Location: Akihabara@DEEP, NY, Christmas Island

contact me at kevn57ATgmail.com friend me on goodreads http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1660832-kevin

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Stand Up!! Screen Caps J-TV

Ninomiya Kazunari (Yamada Taro Monogatari, Haikei, Chichiue-sama ) as Shouhei is the star and narrator of the drama. He's sitting in class debating what to do. He decides to inform his homeroom teacher, that while cleaning the library that morning he found a pair of panties. Two of the least likely students confess to the crime. Shouhei's 3 friends, Kengo played by Yamashita Tomohisa (Proposal Daisakusen, Nobuta wo Produce), Hayato played by Narimiya Hiroki (Sushi Oji!, Orange Days) and Kouji played by Oguri Shun (Hana Kimi, Hana Yori Dango) rescue him from the library. Then Becky as Kaga Ellen and three of her friends taunt Shouhei and his friends saying they are the last four virgins in the school. Shaku Yumiko (Himitsu no Hanazono, Saiyuuki) is Isuzu a teacher and the one bright spot in Shouhei's day. Then as Shouhei daydreams about Isuzu on his way home from school he runs into Oowada Chie played by Suzuki Anne (Ganbatte Ikimasshoi, Hana and Alice), a childhood friend, who much to Shouhei dismay winds up staying with his family for the summer.

I posted about this drama and first episode before but last week Japan-TV released the final episode of their English hard sub DVD rip. So I wanted to update my post and try to give a screen by screen comparison of the two releases. The last post here was for the Nya fansubs release. They are both very nice releases with excellent video and audio quality, I'll be keeping and burning the JTV release to DVD. I have so many series that JTV has released I'm really comfortable with their translations, fonts and encoding, thanks a lot to the entire JTV team for a another pretty release on a very deserving series, special thanks to Silly for the emails and comments to keep us up to date with the release. It's very rare that a show is good enough that two fan subs groups independently release a hard subbed version. Especially on a show that aired four years ago, I just glad it was this one!

Download the entire 11 episode series bit torrent files here, all the episodes are well seeded, and thanks again to JTV for an early Christmas / New Years present to jdrama fans.





































Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Silly6 said...

I wish they had done a special for this series. I wanted to see more of those guys getting into mischief. [I am trying not to say any spoilers for people who haven't seen it]

12/26/2007 10:02:00 AM  
Blogger Kevin said...

I wish they had done a special for this series.

I do too, but I'm afraid it's to late now, it would probably cost too much to hire them now, so many went on to star in series of their own or movies, I'm sure their salaries have grown beyond the means of a TV special. Maybe a movie version would be possible as that's so popular now.

12/26/2007 05:07:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, Becky's character, Kaga Ellen, isn't one of Sho-chan's taunters. She's just the friend of the girl who has a crush on Kou-kun. I don't mean anything bad by correcting you, just for accuracy sake, ne?

4/12/2008 04:02:00 AM  
Blogger Kevin said...

@Anonymous Your right thanks for the correction!

4/12/2008 02:44:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home