Old Fart Who Loves Japanese Pop Culture 日本の大衆文化を愛する中年

Japanese Dramas, Manga, Anime and Japanese Movies, Jpop, and anything else about Japanese pop culture that I find interesting.

日本のドラマ、マンガ、アニメ、J-POP、その他私がおもしろいと思った日本の大衆文化について

My Photo
Name:
Location: Akihabara@DEEP, NY, Christmas Island

contact me at kevn57ATgmail.com friend me on goodreads http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1660832-kevin

Friday, December 28, 2007

Tae Wang Sa Shin Gi/The Legend

The Story of the First King's Four Gods
The story begins as Sujini flees from her master after breaking his staff. She climbs a tree and mocks him, he threatens her but the she ignores him as she watches Burmumsae the Messenger bird of the village deposits a message on her master’s face. They return to the village to find Hyunsu the chief of the village announcing that the long awaited Jooshin King has been born but that he will not live to see the King come to power and it’s now time to choose a new Guardian of the Hyunmu, the turtle snake god. Sujini’s master is chosen by the symbol and becomes the new chief but before the old chief dies he him vow again to constantly watch over Sujini and when she turns into the Black Phoenix to kill her with his own hands. Then Sujini and he travel to Goguryeo where the boy who may be the true Jooshin king resides and needs to be protected. Along the way the new chief tells Sujini the legend of the original Jooshin King a story over 2000 years old. . The three stars are Bae Yong Jun, Lee Ji Ah and Moon So Ri.

The first episode of this Korean Drama blew me away, I love fantasy movies and as a kid anything with a knight was sure to attract my attention. I grew up watching Saturday Afternoon dubbed kungfu movies on TV only to graduate to movies like Bride With the White Hair after I found it in a video shop one day. Lord of the Rings stands as my favorite western fantasy movie followed closely by Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, and I always looked forward to watching Xena the Warrior Princess. There have also been tons of 80’s B-Movie classics like Bruce Lee’s Circle of Iron. But Xena has to move over because after seeing only the first two episodes of this twenty four episode drama I’ve found a new fantasy to captivate my imagination. If the next 22 episodes are anywhere near as good it might become my favorite fantasy of all times. If you like fantasy at all you should check out this series.

Download the bit torrent files for the twenty four episode drama along with the special and original soundtrack here, soft subs can be downloaded here for all twenty four episodes from the fansub group With S2.









































Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Silly6 said...

The ending was kind of disappoint but overall it was a good series... had me hooked. Did you see in the last ep where CG make a mistake... you could see her hanging with no fire/heat effect and you could see the wires?

12/28/2007 04:05:00 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

Did you see in the last ep
Not yet, I just finished the third episode, and I often find Korean dramas slow and too drawn out, I was afraid when I started to d/l this I'd feel the same way about this because it's so long but after the first three episodes I can't wait to see the rest.

12/28/2007 09:52:00 PM  
Anonymous Silly6 said...

It's awesome how the first ep had CG effect you would see in movies and not dramas. They weren't cheap about their effects.

1/02/2008 04:38:00 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

It's awesome how the first ep had CG effect you would see in movies

Really it's the best fantasy I've seen since LOTR which I loved, so far I've watched the first 15 episodes and the effects are usually quite good throughout even though they're not used as much as in the first episode. I think anyone who starts watching this show will be completely drawn in by it. After the first 15 episodes the story just gets more interesting as it expands into war, politics, polo, magic and I love the little touches of humor that helps ground the whole into reality. I want to see more shows like this, I really like Saiyuki but that was played mainly for laughs, at least that's the way it seemed to me.

1/02/2008 06:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home