Old Fart Who Loves Japanese Pop Culture 日本の大衆文化を愛する中年

Japanese Dramas, Manga, Anime and Japanese Movies, Jpop, and anything else about Japanese pop culture that I find interesting.

日本のドラマ、マンガ、アニメ、J-POP、その他私がおもしろいと思った日本の大衆文化について

My Photo
Name:
Location: Akihabara@DEEP, NY, Christmas Island

contact me at kevn57ATgmail.com friend me on goodreads http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1660832-kevin

Friday, December 07, 2007

Yukan Club 有閑倶楽部 Episode 8 Screen Caps

The episode opens as a woman stands in front of a poster of Miroku’s father the police commissioner and says in French “I love you”, the scene switches to the Yukan Club room where everyone has very tense expressions on their faces, Bido is successfully pulling a piece from the Jenga tower. The woman from the opening comes in quietly as Miroku just completes his piece removal from the tower, she blows in his hair causing him to knock over the tower lose the game and have a month long cleaning duty. The woman’s name is Chiaki played by Akiyoshi Kumiko (Densha Otoko, Nodame Cantabile) and she is Miroku’s mother. She’s just arrived from France and has appropriate gifts for everyone, including a pair of huge Eiffel Tower pastries for Yuri who of course begins to eat immediately.

I didn’t care too much for this episode; it focused too much on the police commissioner and not enough on the Yukan members. It’s filled with bathroom humour which is funny in the beginning but gets old as it’s constantly repeated. On the up side Karen picks up on an important clue, but the writer’s just use it for jokes which are pretty good but it doesn’t help to resolve the case. The best parts of this episode are Karen and Bido flirting in the police station and Akiyoshi Kumiko as Miroku’s mother, she’s great I’ve loved her since I first saw her play Hermes mother in Densha.

Love Song did another really nice release and you can download all eight of the English Hardsub releases here.









































Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another disappointed episode. I could not even LOL once. Perhaps I was too tired. I am gearing towards dropping this series completely. Fully concurred with your comments.GiGi

12/07/2007 02:40:00 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

@GiGi I was really looking forward to this episode as I thought episode 7 was the best use of the entire group and thought that the producers finally got their act together.

There's only two more episodes and the series has entertained me so I'll be watching the final two with my fingers crossed!

12/07/2007 06:35:00 PM  
Anonymous P-chan said...

Yeah just when I thought this series was gonna get it together, it just kinda fell apart again. You know how weird it was to time this episode?! With all of those horrible constipation sounds?! _o_ my ears... I swear the only solid episode was ep. 7 with Mike He. They actually did something as a group. We're up to episode 9 now... what's the point of this drama???

12/07/2007 08:32:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought the chief had diarrhea. Was Mike He the guy in polyester? I could not stop...smiling seeing a guy in white glossy polyester. Thank You P-chan for your endurance. I plan to read Kevin's synopses prior to downloading the next 2 episodes.GiGi

12/07/2007 09:54:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home