Old Fart Who Loves Japanese Pop Culture 日本の大衆文化を愛する中年

Japanese Dramas, Manga, Anime and Japanese Movies, Jpop, and anything else about Japanese pop culture that I find interesting.

日本のドラマ、マンガ、アニメ、J-POP、その他私がおもしろいと思った日本の大衆文化について

My Photo
Name:
Location: Akihabara@DEEP, NY, Christmas Island

contact me at kevn57ATgmail.com friend me on goodreads http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1660832-kevin

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

1 Pound no Fukuin Live Action Manga Adaptation Screen Caps

Episode 1 I love you! Sister!
Hatanaka Kosaku played by Kamenashi Kazuya (Nobuta wo Produce,Cartoon Kat-Tun) is in the boxing ring and doing well, having knocked down his opponent, and feels victory is within his grasp but when he’s ready to land the final blow he’s distracted by the smell of takoyaki a spectator is eating in the near deserted arena. He fails to land his blow and when his opponent floors him he can’t get up “I’m so hungry I can’t move.” His manager calls him a gutless glutton but it’s all to no avail as he loses the match. His fellow boxers from his club tell him that it’s fatal for a boxer to be a glutton five pounds overweight is like carrying a baby into the ring, and Kosaku agrees that it’d be hard to box one handed. Afraid that he’ll be fired, his manager lines up his next match with a rising star but he’s forced to lose 9 Kg before the weigh-in. He goes on a strict diet and starts running and training, but he collapses in the park while out for a run, he’s rescued by Sister Angela played by Kuroki Meisa (Haikei, Chichiue-sama, Aru Ai no Uta ) who cradles his head in her lap and gives him warm tea to drink.

This drama is based on the manga that’s been released by Viz as One-Pound Gospel, it was first released in 1989 by mangaka Takahashi Rumiko author of Urusei Yatsura and Maison Ikkoku. I’ve only read the first chapter of the manga but the drama makes some pretty big changes to the manga storyline, but the one fact that remains the same is Kosaku is still a glutton. An OVA was also released by Viz but I've never seen that. I really enjoyed this opening episode and I’m no sports fan and of all sports I like boxing the least. But this drama was funny, sweet and leaves me wondering where the romance between Kosaku and Sister Angela is going to go. I love the fact that the boxing match is almost an afterthought to the torture he puts himself through to make weight to qualify for the match. Don’t watch the show if you’re hungry because Kosaku’s plight and desires will make you hungry just watching it. I’d recommend this to fans of odd ball comedy romances like Hotaru no Hikari, Nodame Cantible or Kimi Wa Petto.

Download the first episode English hardsub by Massuki & Sailor Spork bit torrent file here.








































Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home