Old Fart Who Loves Japanese Pop Culture 日本の大衆文化を愛する中年

Japanese Dramas, Manga, Anime and Japanese Movies, Jpop, and anything else about Japanese pop culture that I find interesting.

日本のドラマ、マンガ、アニメ、J-POP、その他私がおもしろいと思った日本の大衆文化について

My Photo
Name:
Location: Akihabara@DEEP, NY, Christmas Island

contact me at kevn57ATgmail.com friend me on goodreads http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1660832-kevin

Friday, January 25, 2008

Bara no nai Hanaya Screen Caps

Episode 1 North Wind and the Sun
The drama opens with a video of a woman explaining what she wants out of life, a child, a small apartment and flowers then cuts to Shiomi Eiji played by Katori Shingo (Saiyuuki, Galileo) as he arrives at the hospital, his daughter Shizuku has been born but his wife has died in the process. The rose that he carried, crushed in his hand along with his dreams. But he starts working part time jobs and raising his daughter showing her the world and flowers. The story skips to present day, Shizuku is wearing a hood over her face and leaving for school, her father reminds her to take an umbrella it’s supposed to rain. When Shiomi opens the flower shop attached to his house, he finds a blind woman standing in the rain, Shirato Mio played by Takeuchi Yuko (Pride, Lunch no Joou) he invites her in out of the rain. She accepts because she says a “Florist can’t be a bad guy”. Shiomi get’s a call from Shizuku’s schoolteacher, Ono Yuki played by Shaku Yumiko (Himitsu no Hanazono, Stand Up!!) there has been some trouble with his daughter and a new student who just enrolled. He tried to pull off her hood so he could look at her face.

I wasn’t sure before watching this drama if I would care for it or not, the drama wiki listed it’s genre as human drama, romance and I often find that combination a little slow. One drama that comes to mind is Aoi tori which apart from a really nice performance by Suzuki Ana, just dragged on, to me seemingly forever. But with this cast there is no way that I couldn’t give this a try, the story was very interesting as were the characters. The line “a florist can’t be a bad guy” was repeated a few times and I wonder if that is foreshadowing, but that’s my speculation. There is a mystery going on however I won’t comment on that as I don’t want to give any spoilers. If the drama continues as well in the upcoming episodes, I’d recommend this to anyone who likes mysterious slice of life dramas like Yasashii Jikan or Himitsu no Hanazono.

Download the English Hardsub bit torrent file for the first episode here. LoveSong is doing another fine job on the release and props to P-chan nice karaoke!





































Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just you let you know, though I don't post much here, I am actually subscribed to your rss feed and i access your page via feeddemon (which is now free - woot!). Anyways, great site, awesome screencaps and informative.

Just wondering if you have recommendations for a relatively new series (2007ish and newer) with humor involved. One of my favorite series was Yamada Taro.

Thanks.

1/25/2008 08:50:00 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

I loved Yamada Taro another show that aired this past summer that I liked even more was Hanazakari no Kimitachi e right now I'm liking 1 Pound no Fukuin more with each new episode. The Nodame Cantabile Special Lesson that just aired was also terrific especially if you've seen the drama. I posted a couple of Top 10 Lists but they include new and old shows alike. Thanks for subscribing I use Google Reader to keep up with all the blogs I read, and the torrent sites so I can d/l stuff as it's released.

1/26/2008 08:29:00 AM  
Anonymous P-chan said...

This drama really touched me just from watching the first five minutes of it. I'm really glad that Love Song is doing something else besides the chain of usual idol dramas. I've been waiting to sub a drama with a little more depth to it. With such an amazing cast, I think this drama will really be great. People have been speculating that there will be lots of good twists in storyline along the way so I'm definitely looking forward to the new episodes. Ratings for this show is also very high which makes me really happy ^_^

And I'm glad you like the karaoke! I didn't really get to do much with the ending for Yukan since it was so hard to hear. I made sure to make up for that with this karaoke.

1/26/2008 06:29:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for the recommendations. ill take a look. on of the other favorite series i just watched was Papa to Musume no Nanokakan where the father and daughter have a freak accident and exchange bodies. that was a super funny series to watch. ill give them both a try. the pound no fukuin looks cool as its fresh off the tubes in japan. ill see if there are still seeds for Hanazakari no Kimitachi e on d-addicts.

1/27/2008 10:10:00 AM  
Blogger Kevin said...

@p-chan I really hope the mystery keeps developing as the series progresses.

@Anonymous i just watched was Papa to Musume no Nanokakan where the father and daughter have a freak accident and exchange bodies. that was a super funny series
I loved Papa to Musume no Nanokakan too. Tachi Hiroshi was great a teenage girl and Aragaki Yui showed surprising maturity in her reversal as the middle aged saleryman.

1/27/2008 11:46:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home