Old Fart Who Loves Japanese Pop Culture 日本の大衆文化を愛する中年

Japanese Dramas, Manga, Anime and Japanese Movies, Jpop, and anything else about Japanese pop culture that I find interesting.

日本のドラマ、マンガ、アニメ、J-POP、その他私がおもしろいと思った日本の大衆文化について

My Photo
Name:
Location: Akihabara@DEEP, NY, Christmas Island

contact me at kevn57ATgmail.com friend me on goodreads http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1660832-kevin

Saturday, January 12, 2008

ef - a tale of memories Screen Shots

Asou Renji sits at his desk staring at the career survey sheet, thinking that he had always wanted to be a knight in shinning armor but knows that’s not something he can put down on the school survey. Walking down an abandoned railroad track to the station where he sits in solitude reading he’s surprised to meet a girl Shindou Chihiro. Later we learn that she has a form of amnesia, her memory only lasts for thirteen hours. Hirono Hiro is a high school student but also secretly is a professional mangaka, he’s drawing at his desk but he’s having trouble getting the details of a church that he’s working on so he leaves and goes to a church for some reference. Before leaving he get’s an text message reminding him of the Christmas party with his childhood friend Shindou Kei. As he exits the church he receives another text from Kei, but a girl rushes up and borrows his bike to pursue a purse snatcher. Hiro runs after her she introduces herself after having an accident with the bike, her name is Miyamura Miyako.

The final episode fansubs had been released but I hadn’t had time to watch a single episode of this anime from the fall season but I might have waited to watch the best of the fall anime releases. I watched the twelve episode series over the past two days, this anime is based on the two part adult visual novel Ef: A Fairy Tale of the Two and it weaves the story of the twin sisters together masterfully, pushing the two main characters to commit to something in their lives. The animation was really interesting even the scenes where the producers were clearly saving money were well done and engaging also the supporting characters had depth and were significant to the story. I’d highly recommend this to fans of animes like Kanon (2006), Air or Sola.

Download all 12 episode anime bit torrent files for the Conclave & Mendoi fansub here.

















































Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mr. Man, :)
I really love the way you cover all things JDrama, Anime and Manga. And I have pretty much turned to your blog as my guide to which JDrama and Anime to watch.

I do have a question/request though from you. See I turn to Tokyograph.com to read up on upcoming JDrama especially their Drama Season Schedule guides. Can you post or point me to where I can find an Upcoming Anime Season guide? Thanks a billion. :)

- brian

1/13/2008 04:34:00 AM  
Blogger Kevin said...

@brian Can you post or point me to where I can find an Upcoming Anime Season guide?

I use the AniDB Calendar as my source, last fall ANN did a nice preview but I haven't seen any on there for the winter season. You can also check out Novastorm he did a preview of the shows that he plans to blog about.

1/13/2008 08:14:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Kevin, really appreciate it.
- brian

1/13/2008 01:54:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home