Old Fart Who Loves Japanese Pop Culture 日本の大衆文化を愛する中年

Japanese Dramas, Manga, Anime and Japanese Movies, Jpop, and anything else about Japanese pop culture that I find interesting.

日本のドラマ、マンガ、アニメ、J-POP、その他私がおもしろいと思った日本の大衆文化について

My Photo
Name:
Location: Akihabara@DEEP, NY, Christmas Island

contact me at kevn57ATgmail.com friend me on goodreads http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1660832-kevin

Saturday, February 16, 2008

1 Pound no Fukuin1ポンドの福音 Ep 5 Screen Caps

Episode 5 When In Pain, Think Of The Future Not The Past
Kosaku played by Kamenashi Kazuya (Nobuta wo Produce, Cartoon KAT-TUN ) is hiding under a pile of leaves in the park as he lays in wait for Sister Angela played by Kuroki Meisa (Haikei, Chichiue-sama, One Missed Call). As he spies her riding her bike down the path he springs from his lair and sprints to the path arriving just before her. Then he tries to convince her that it’s a coincidence, then fate, then guided by the hand of God. But she doesn’t believe him and accuses him of laying in wait for her, and leaves as she has to prepare lunch at the convent. Kosaku runs through the streets with her but stops her at a display for Valentine chocolate, he begs her to buy him chocolate but she refuses. Later at the convent as all the sisters are boxing chocolates for the parishioners, Sister Angela secretly hides a box she plans to give to Kosaku, while begging God for forgiveness.

A perfect valentine for fans of romantic comedies, this drama is the best romantic comedy I’ve seen since Hanazakari no Kimitachi e. I highly recommend this to any fans of the genre. I’ve always liked romantic comedies since I was a kid and watched the old Hollywood screwball romantic comedies on TV, movies like “His Girl Friday”, “It Happened One Night” and “Some Like It Hot”. I think the romantic Japanese dramas are the closest to these old classics, I’d add the Korean “My Sassy Girl” as a modern equivalent and one of my favourite movies of all time.

Download the first five episodes of the Massuki & Sailor Spork English hardsub bit torrent files here. Screen Shots of the first four episodes are here.












































Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous P-chan said...

At first I wasn't going to watch this drama but I gave it a shot anyway. I'm defintely glad I did. I think this is one of Kamenashi Kazuya's best performances. Definitely right up there with his Shuji role in Nobuta wo Produce. Great job with this drama by Massuki and Sailor Spork. I look forward to the next episode ^.~

2/16/2008 09:54:00 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

I'm really glad you like this p-chan, I agree entirely about Kamenashi, his performance is the reason why I'm enjoying this show so much.

2/17/2008 07:56:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home