Old Fart Who Loves Japanese Pop Culture 日本の大衆文化を愛する中年

Japanese Dramas, Manga, Anime and Japanese Movies, Jpop, and anything else about Japanese pop culture that I find interesting.

日本のドラマ、マンガ、アニメ、J-POP、その他私がおもしろいと思った日本の大衆文化について

My Photo
Name:
Location: Akihabara@DEEP, NY, Christmas Island

contact me at kevn57ATgmail.com friend me on goodreads http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1660832-kevin

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Atsu-hime篤姫 Screen Caps

Episode 1 Child of Destiny

Atsu-hime is a 50 episode Taiga drama that covers the life of Okatsu later renamed Atsu-hime and played by Miyazaki Aoi (su-ki-da, Heavenly Forest )it covers the period of Japanese history when the closed society was under increasing pressure to open its borders to foreign trade which was outlawed under the Tokugawa shogunate, also it was a time of financial crisis for the samurai and the farmers beneath them.

I downloaded and watched the first episode of this epic this past weekend and enjoyed it very much, the only other Taiga drama I’ve watched was Musashi which I also enjoyed, but I had the advantage of having all 50 episodes of Musashi available to be viewed over the course of a few weeks which helped me keep the characters straight in my mind as these dramas have huge casts of characters. I think I’ll keep downloading this and I’ll hold off watching until I have the first 15 or 20 episodes that I can watch quickly to better get into the show. This is recommend to all Taiga fans or fans of historical fiction in general or anyone who wants to learn more about that crucial part of Japanese history.

Download the first two English hardsub releases with professional subtitles here.











































Labels: , , , , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

May I recommend the Taiga drama series Furin Kazan a 50 part series that ended last November. Furin Kazan a is a historical drama based on Yasushi Inoue's sengoku period novel by the same title. It depicts the life of Yamamoto Kansuke, a reknown strategist of the Daimyo Takeda Shingen. An aside, but one that I'm very fond of... Fu Rin Ka Zan (風林火山) are the four characters from left to right are wind, forest, fire, and mountain. Which the war banner used by Takeda Shingen, which in turn was taken from Sun Tzu's The Art of War. It means "Swift as the Wind, Silent as a Forest, Fierce as Fire and Immovable as a Mountain." The intro to Furin Kazan is fabulous!

2/27/2008 09:25:00 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

May I recommend the Taiga drama series
Thanks and please do, I have watched very little Taiga dramas, just Musashi and the first five episodes of Toshiie and Matsu which I really liked alot, so any recommendations are much appreciated.

2/28/2008 04:45:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great drama, The rest of Toshiie and Matsu gets better too. If you're in the sf bay area, Atsu-hime is on at 9:30pm saturdays on channel 8. If you like a light hearted drama, egao no hosoku is highly recommended.

3/24/2008 02:23:00 AM  
Blogger Kevin said...

@anonymous If you like a light hearted drama, egao no hosoku is highly recommended.

I loved egao no hosoku, as I'm a fan of both drama and manga it's great when they're both combined. I actually did a post about this drama last December when I first watched it, egao no hosoku post Viewers in SF are really lucky to have a channel that broadcasts translated Japanese dramas. It's a shame they don't broadcast Atsu in HD though.

3/24/2008 03:48:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i don't know if am too late to comment,but as a rabid fan of taiga dramas am always on the look out for them and that is how i end up here trying to finish the series of toshiie and matsu,i have seen the first 13 episodes and am looking for the rest now,as to fuurin kazan yes it was a superb drama,musachi was not bad but it did not rise to the quality of FK but then u have shinsengumi and yoshitsune just to mention a few of the most recent ones,ok am done with my comment i do hope i can find the rest of the episodes for toshiie and matsu here,thanks.

10/11/2008 03:20:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

can someone upload the English .SRT files please.

8/19/2010 11:10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home