Old Fart Who Loves Japanese Pop Culture 日本の大衆文化を愛する中年

Japanese Dramas, Manga, Anime and Japanese Movies, Jpop, and anything else about Japanese pop culture that I find interesting.

日本のドラマ、マンガ、アニメ、J-POP、その他私がおもしろいと思った日本の大衆文化について

My Photo
Name:
Location: Akihabara@DEEP, NY, Christmas Island

contact me at kevn57ATgmail.com friend me on goodreads http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1660832-kevin

Monday, February 18, 2008

Game Center CX ゲームセンターCX Screen Caps

Blame this post on Aaron over at the WARP Anime podcast, his latest episode reviewed this show which is a Japanese reality show where the comedian host plays a classic video game to completion each week. According to wikipedia the comedian Shinya Arino is presented as an employee of a fictitious company, Game Center CX where he is promoted or demoted based upon his success rate beating old video games. This episode is the first in the fourth season where he plays the SuFami aka Super NES game Ultraman. Later in the Episode he goes to the Tokyo Game Show where he stares at girls navels, yells Moe’ to the cosplayers and just generally has fun.
As Aaron pointed out in his review you don’t need to be a videogame player to enjoy this show, it’s very funny watching Arino lose to the game and the side trip to the Game show was also very funny. I still have all my old videogame systems, a Magnivox Odyssey, at least 10 Atari 2600s consoles, an Intellivision, a Colecovison, my first NES, Super NES which is broke, and my final videogame system a Sega Genesis with CD. I finally stopped playing videogames when Sega launched a cable channel, for 7 dollars a month you could download and play around 40 games, then the next month they put up 40 more. I never wanted to leave the house and I used an awful lot of sick time. Finally I went cold turkey and quit, I’ve been so tempted by the new systems but I just don’t have enough time anymore. Thanks for pointing out this show Aaron I really enjoyed it, be sure to check out his podcast where he covers anime and other Japanese pop culture, you know it's a good podcast when the initial episode is a review of the original Genshiken series.

Download the three English subtitled episodes from the TV Nihon tracker here.

This isn't a Youtube video of the episode I posted about this is supposed to be the first episode.

Episode 1 Takeshi no Chousenjou


































Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Tor Hershman said...

Did you ever hear (I don't remember the groups name) the girl group, from Japan, that covered The Rutles' "Goosestep Mama"?

Stay on groovin' safari,
Tor

2/19/2008 07:06:00 AM  
Blogger Kevin said...

Sorry Tor, I like jpop but the majority that I've heard are from anime or dramas except for DAI and Tommy Heavenly6. You might try the forums at jpopsuski
I searched their tracker and it's not there.

2/19/2008 01:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home