Old Fart Who Loves Japanese Pop Culture 日本の大衆文化を愛する中年

Japanese Dramas, Manga, Anime and Japanese Movies, Jpop, and anything else about Japanese pop culture that I find interesting.

日本のドラマ、マンガ、アニメ、J-POP、その他私がおもしろいと思った日本の大衆文化について

My Photo
Name:
Location: Akihabara@DEEP, NY, Christmas Island

contact me at kevn57ATgmail.com friend me on goodreads http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1660832-kevin

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Hachimitsu to Clover ハチミツとクローバー Episode 3 Screen Caps

Honey and Clover Episode 3
Takemoto played by Ikuta Toma (Hanazakari no Kimitachi e, Akihabara@Deep) is laying on his futon, fanning himself to get some relief from the heat, he sees the ring that he gave to Hagumi played by Narumi Riko (Enka no Joou, Ichi Rittoru no Namida) and remembers her kiss with Morita played by Narimiya Hiroki (Sushi Oji!, Orange Days) on the beach. Suddenly his phone rings and it is Hagumi, she invites him to eat with her. She’s just returned from the country and she’s brought soba. He eagerly agrees. When she gets to the school she accidentally runs into Morita who invites her to the fireworks. They all gather to eat but Takemoto is tricked out of his portion, but Hagumi offers to share hers with him.

I’m really getting more disappointed with this show as it goes on, I can’t pinpoint my feelings too well but the show feels rushed and drawn out all at once. The last episode occurred in the winter, this one in the summer. Another thing in the manga and anime the thing that attracted Hagumi and Morita to each other was art. The drama seems to be skipping over this and I think it really changes the nature of the story. While this is an interesting drama that I’ll continue to watch, I won’t really think of it as an adaptation of Honey and Clover but rather a nice romantic comedy.

Download the first three English hardsub bit torrent files released by LoveSong & SARS here.









































Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know Old Fart, I was really worried about this drama from the start since manga/anime and especially movie are all great and beautiful. And besided, I really can't see Ikuta Toma as Takemoto. My worries came true. Dropped.

2/27/2008 05:35:00 AM  
Blogger Kevin said...

I'm also disappointed in this show, I had high expectations because it's been done so well before but I really don't think the blame lies with the actors, I think the problem is with a disjointed adaptation by the writers.Ikuta Toma has a pretty good range for a young actor, the first thing I saw him in was Akihabra@Deep as the crazed otaku, then Hana Yori Dango 2 as the Evil model and then in Hanazakari no Kimitachi e as the man ready to turn gay for the girl he loved. I think personality wise he might be better suited to play Morita, but I'm sure he wanted the starring role and I can't find any fault in his acting while playing Takemoto. I haven't dropped the series but I am a week behind right now.

2/27/2008 12:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home