Old Fart Who Loves Japanese Pop Culture 日本の大衆文化を愛する中年

Japanese Dramas, Manga, Anime and Japanese Movies, Jpop, and anything else about Japanese pop culture that I find interesting.

日本のドラマ、マンガ、アニメ、J-POP、その他私がおもしろいと思った日本の大衆文化について

My Photo
Name:
Location: Akihabara@DEEP, NY, Christmas Island

contact me at kevn57ATgmail.com friend me on goodreads http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1660832-kevin

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Kamen Rider Kabuto 仮面ライダーカブト Screen Caps

Episode 1 The Strongest Man
Seven years ago something fell from space and destroyed Shbuya, it wasn’t just an asteroid that arrived. A security guard comes across a creature and is killed, a paramilitary force called ZECT responds to the threat from the alien Worm, and results are six wounded and twenty one dead. Bullets don’t appear to have an effect on the Worms. The Worms have a similar creature design to Giger’s Alien creature after it moults it looks more like the creature from Predator it can also disguise itself as a human.

According to wikipedia this is the sixteenth show in the popular franchise but is only the second or third tokusatsu series I’ve seen. I’m not sure if Cutie Honey counts as tokusatsu, but a few years ago I watched Garo that’s also been translated by TV-Nihon and really enjoyed the sword fighting and general mayhem of the show. This is the thirty fifth anniversary show so I guess it goes without saying that Kamen Rider is popular in Japan. Thanks to p-chan for recommending this series to me, I really liked the two episodes that I’ve watched so far, the introductory episode brought me up to speed about the situation on Earth and a little background on how it had happened. It also introduces the three main characters, the reason p-chan recommend this particular series to me was because the hero is Souji Tendou played by Hiro Mizushima he also played Nanba Minami my favourite supporting character in Hanazakari no Kimitachi e. Also starring as Arata Kagami is Sato Yuuki and the girl that brings these two together Kusakabe Hiyori played by Satonaka Yui. I would recommend this show to action fans who liked Garo, Sh15uya or even Dr Who fans who’d like a bit more action and tech. It’s a fun show, now I have forty seven more episodes to look forward too.

Download all 49 English hardsub bit torrent files from the TV-Nihon tracker here.















































Labels: , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous P-chan said...

Not only is Mizushima Hiro in it as Kabuto, you will also see Yamamoto Yusuke who played the guy who can sense auras in HanaKimi and Kazuki Kato, Makoto from Hotaru no Hikari/Ren from Jigoku Shoujo. I'm glad you're enjoying Kabuto so far. Many toku shows start off kinda slow but they have an entire year to pick up. Usually by the 4th episode, I'm totally addicted ^_^

Cutie Honey does count as tokusatsu. So does Sailor Moon. ^_^

2/23/2008 11:48:00 AM  
Blogger Kevin said...

@P-chan Many toku shows start off kinda slow but they have an entire year to pick up. Usually by the 4th episode
Like my obaasan always said, if you stop watching anime/dramas after only one episode you've picked the wrong hobby. ;-)
I've watched the first 6 episodes and I'm totally hooked, I love the action, humor and the three main characters a lot.
I've been watching Cutie Honey since it started last Fall and really like that as well, it's goofier then Kabuto but also a lot of fun. I'll watch Sailor Moon next I've had all 49 episodes since 2006 but hadn't tried it because I thought it was a kids show I wouldn't enjoy.

2/23/2008 02:26:00 PM  
Anonymous P-chan said...

The live action sailor moon is really cool. They kinda experimented with the first few episodes with the monsters but after that, it's smooth sailing. I was very addicted to PGSM. That's when I got exposed to Kitagawa Keiko and have been a fan of hers ever since.

I watched a few episodes of Cutie Honey. So far it hasn't reeled me in but I'll keep on watching. People say the tv series is better than the movie but as of right now I like the movie better than the series.

I'm really glad you're starting to get into more toku shows. Kinda sucks not having anyone to talk about toku with.

2/23/2008 11:29:00 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

@p-chan Kitagawa Keiko and have been a fan of hers ever since.
She terrific in Mop Girl, I'm glad that drama's still being subbed I was afraid the fansub group dropped it but luckily they just recently released another episode. I look forward to seeing more of her in PGSM.

Cutie Honey
This series started off with a lot of seemingly random episodes and I wasn't really sucked in until Miki and Yuki were introduced. Also I share a birthday with all three ;-)

I'm really glad you're starting to get into more toku shows.
Me too, Kabuto is a ton of fun, I just watched episode 11 where they introduce the make-up artist, and Tendou is such an egotist he just crack me up. I'm so happy you pointed me towards this genre.

2/24/2008 12:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home