Old Fart Who Loves Japanese Pop Culture 日本の大衆文化を愛する中年

Japanese Dramas, Manga, Anime and Japanese Movies, Jpop, and anything else about Japanese pop culture that I find interesting.

日本のドラマ、マンガ、アニメ、J-POP、その他私がおもしろいと思った日本の大衆文化について

My Photo
Name:
Location: Akihabara@DEEP, NY, Christmas Island

contact me at kevn57ATgmail.com friend me on goodreads http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1660832-kevin

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Mirai Koshi Meguru 未来講師めぐる Episode 1 Screen Caps

Yoshida Meguru played by Fukada Kyoko (Strawberry on the Shortcake, Yama Onna Kabe Onna) is running through the streets, leaps a hedge and lands in the flowerbed of the house where she lives with her grandfather. Her grandfather has a special power he can look at a person and see what they’ll be twenty years into the future. Meguru is an English teacher at a cram school, she teaches elementary and middle school students. Eguchi Hideo played by Hoshino Gen (Akihabara@deep, Tantei Gakuen Q) teaches math at the same cram school and he has a crush on Meguru. On her birthday she awakens to the same power that her grandfather has, she also can see what’s going to happen to a person twenty years into the future.

I wasn’t too crazy about this show when I watched this episode, I thought it was kind of confusing and a little boring, but there were some good laughs and the characters all speak English surprisingly well. Nevertheless I felt like I’d drop this show if it didn’t improve in the next episode. The confusion that I felt in the first episode stems from not understanding that two actors often play the same character just twenty years apart, also you never seem to know when she’s looking at the present or the future. For example she’s out with her boyfriend and goes to the bathroom, comes back and there is an old fat man sitting where her boyfriend was. She doesn’t know that she has the power and neither does the audience, that’s why I found it confusing. But the second episode was much better, or at least I understood what was going on and I enjoyed it a whole lot more, I’m definitely watching this to the end. I think this drama would appeal to people who enjoy silly comedies like Yukan Club or Sushi Oji.

Download the RAW video bit torrent files here, and the soft subs for the first two episodes here.














































Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home