Old Fart Who Loves Japanese Pop Culture 日本の大衆文化を愛する中年

Japanese Dramas, Manga, Anime and Japanese Movies, Jpop, and anything else about Japanese pop culture that I find interesting.

日本のドラマ、マンガ、アニメ、J-POP、その他私がおもしろいと思った日本の大衆文化について

My Photo
Name:
Location: Akihabara@DEEP, NY, Christmas Island

contact me at kevn57ATgmail.com friend me on goodreads http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1660832-kevin

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

RH Plus RHプラス Screen Caps

A full moon and a gang is making an illegal purchase of weapons supplied by some rouge police when a pair of teenage vampires, Makoto and Ageha attack breaking up the sale, but instead of drinking the blood of the criminals they celebrate with a couple of cans of tomato juice. Later we find out that they live together with an older vampire Kiyoi who takes care of them and another vampire, Masakazu who attends college. Together they fight crime.
To say that this is an odd show would be an understatement. It’s based on a Shounen Ai manga written by Suwa Ayako. The first two episodes that I’ve seen are not overtly Shounen Ai, but the careful viewer will notice the meaningful glances passed between the characters. This first episode Ageha must cross-dress and go undercover in a schoolgirl uniform to catch a stalker. I’ve been laughing my way through this show; it follows none of the vampire conventions so far. The characters must will themselves to be seen in a mirror but can go out in the daylight with no ill effects, while a coffin is displayed in the credits the characters have beds and play videogames and appear to eat normal meals. They are unaffected by crosses but can be harmed by physical weapons but they heal quickly. I’d say this short 24 minute show is worth a look to fans of the comedy school dramas, it like a cross between Hanazakari no Kimitachi e amd Cutie Honey but not really as good as either of them.
Download the first two English hardsub episodes from TimeLess subs here.









































Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

OpenID kinlyu said...

Hi, I read this quickly, and noticed a mistake, it's not Makoto who crossdressed in the first ep, but Ageha ^-^

2/19/2008 01:07:00 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

@kinlyu Your absolutely right, I'm going to edit the post now to fix it. How do you like the show?

2/19/2008 01:11:00 PM  
Anonymous P-chan said...

I'm really looking forward to episode 3 of this show. I'm a big toku fan so anything with such a storyline would really grab my attention. Plus both Tochihara Rakuto and Fujita Rei have starred in the Kamen Rider series which I adore watching. ^_^

2/20/2008 08:38:00 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

@p-chan I've never seen any of the live action hero shows except for Garo which I really liked. TV-Nihon subs a lot of these type shows do you have a recommendation which I should try first?

2/21/2008 11:43:00 AM  
Anonymous P-chan said...

@kevin: If you're into the whole vampire theme like this show has, the new Kamen Rider Kiva series also has this theme. So far only 3 episodes are subbed. As of right now I personally enjoyed Jyuken Sentai Gekirangers (which is now America's Power Rangers Jungle Fury). I think you'd probably find Kamen Rider Den-O to be most enjoyable. It has some action, some romance, and comedy all packed into one. I'd recommend you start off with this one. You'd probably recognize some of the actors if you've seen Princess Princess D. Also, if you're a HanaKimi fan, Kamen Rider Kabuto has quite a few actors you would recognize.

2/21/2008 12:24:00 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

@pchan Thanks a lot, I requested my FTP to download Kamen Rider Den-O, they already have Kamen Rider Kabuto I'll download it over the weekend, and post some screen caps once I get a chance to watch, but for tonight I'll be watching Bara no nai Hanaya. Thanks for your hard work on the subs and the KR recommendations.

2/21/2008 05:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home