Old Fart Who Loves Japanese Pop Culture 日本の大衆文化を愛する中年

Japanese Dramas, Manga, Anime and Japanese Movies, Jpop, and anything else about Japanese pop culture that I find interesting.

日本のドラマ、マンガ、アニメ、J-POP、その他私がおもしろいと思った日本の大衆文化について

My Photo
Name:
Location: Akihabara@DEEP, NY, Christmas Island

contact me at kevn57ATgmail.com friend me on goodreads http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1660832-kevin

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Kamen Rider Kabuto God Speed Love 仮面ライダーカブト Screen Caps

The theatrical movie was released in August of 2006, roughly halfway through the run of the Kamen Rider Kabuto tokusatsu. The storyline takes place in an alternate universe with most of the same lead characters from the series and a few new characters just for the movie.
The movie opens with the asteroid’s impact with Earth and the destruction of the world’s oceans. A young Hiyori and Tendou lie under the rubble reaching out for each other. The Earth is besieged by a vast number of Worms, and the Worms are being fought by a secret organization ZECT who developed the masked rider system. But there is another group of riders called Neo-ZECT that are in revolt against that organization. Seven years later Tendou appears and Kagami warns him that he’s entering a dangerous area. But Tendou replies that the path he chooses is his own. The scene switches to a wasteland three Neo-ZECT rebels are surrounded by a Kagami and a large number of ZECT troopers and riders.

I didn’t like this movie anywhere as much as I did the series which I loved. I watched the director’s cut which is slightly longer then the theatrical release but the story focused much more on action and effects and with the addition of new characters and storyline left little time for character development or just plain fun that the series is filled with. Still I’m glad that I watched it just to see the characters again for a little bit. I would recommend watching it after you see the series, it did have nice action pieces and decent special effects for a movie made on such a small budget. Also recommended to fans of Den-O or Kiva.

Download both the theatrical or the director’s cut of the movie from the TV-Nihon tracker here.









































Labels: , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous P-chan said...

When I watched the movie, I was so darn confused _o_ nothing made any sense at first. The effects are great but the movie really had nothing to do with the series at all.

3/23/2008 01:31:00 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

@p-chan nothing to do with the series at all. It didn't it's listed as a prequel, but it completely ignores that these characters met for the first time in the series, now they're meeting again for the first time. The Den-O movie was much better tied right in to the series, and the Genkiranger movie was a lot better too I thought. But I was still glad to watch this just to see these characters again. I really loved the Kabuto series and all of the characters.

3/23/2008 03:22:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You guys do realize this is an alternate universe movie right?

The post apocalyptic state of the planet never happened in regular continuity. Basically this is just a cool 'what if' movie.

And personally I rather enjoyed it due to it's grimness.

I even enjoyed Silver and Bronze as new Riders.

12/20/2010 10:41:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home