Old Fart Who Loves Japanese Pop Culture 日本の大衆文化を愛する中年

Japanese Dramas, Manga, Anime and Japanese Movies, Jpop, and anything else about Japanese pop culture that I find interesting.

日本のドラマ、マンガ、アニメ、J-POP、その他私がおもしろいと思った日本の大衆文化について

My Photo
Name:
Location: Akihabara@DEEP, NY, Christmas Island

contact me at kevn57ATgmail.com friend me on goodreads http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1660832-kevin

Saturday, April 05, 2008

Bishojo Senshi Sailor Moon 美少女戦士セーラームーン Screen Caps

Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon
Episode 01 I am Sailor Moon!
The tokusatsu begins with a jewel robbery, a masked man who we later learn is the Tuxedo Mask is foiled in his robbery attempt by a masked girl Sailor V played by Komatsu Ayaka (Bambino), he escapes but the jewels have to be left behind. The scene switches to Tsukino Usagi’s bedroom, her brother Shingo is trying to warn her she’ll be late for school. As her mother prepares her lunch for her, Usagi see’s a TV news story about her heroine Sailor V and the robbery she prevented. As she rushes to school trying to avoid being late a plushie cat falls from the sky landing on her head. She picks him up and leaves him on the bridge railing so whoever lost it will easily be able to find it again. When she finally arrives at school her teacher scolds her for being late, punishment is cleaning duty. Her friend Osaka Naru, stays late and helps her with the cleaning then the two head out for some karaoke.

I’ve wanted to watch this since last fall when I saw the first episode of Mop Girl starring Kitagawa Keiko who’s also a co-star of PGSM. Minor spoiler but of course you have to know it’s coming, later it’s revealed by Luna that Usagi is Sailor Moon. An ally of justice and cute middle school teenager, the storyline is as much about Usagi’s everyday life and loves as it is about fighting evil. It’s also lots of fun and laughs as a team of four diverse girls come together and become friends, I just finished waching the entire series and I enjoyed it a lot. The one criticism I have about the show is the fights especially in the early episodes aren’t too good. I’d just watched Gekiranger which has very good martial arts battles, this isn’t anywhere near that level. But the fights play a much smaller role in this toku. I’d definitely recommend this to anyone who likes funnier toku shows like Kamen Rider Den-O or anime fans of this series or magical girl anime.

Download the entire series from the TV-Nihon bit torrent tracker here or direct download the series and many of the extras here.









































Labels: , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Quy said...

plz tell me ur not actually watching this...lol =P it just seems to corny, imo.

4/05/2008 06:19:00 PM  
Anonymous P-chan said...

Don't let the first episode pics fool you. The changed things quite a bit after a few episodes. I remember this was released by tv-nihon. I waited every darn week for it *_* Definitely something to look into ^.~

4/05/2008 10:34:00 PM  
Blogger Quy said...

no kidding...what's so good about it? well, i can understand, if ur a guy, y u would want to watch this =). Anyway, i think i'm just gonna steer clear of this drama altogether.

4/06/2008 02:01:00 AM  
Blogger Kevin said...

I had too much to say for just a comment, plus I wanted to post a picture some mailed me so I just made another post,.

4/06/2008 07:54:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home