Old Fart Who Loves Japanese Pop Culture 日本の大衆文化を愛する中年

Japanese Dramas, Manga, Anime and Japanese Movies, Jpop, and anything else about Japanese pop culture that I find interesting.

日本のドラマ、マンガ、アニメ、J-POP、その他私がおもしろいと思った日本の大衆文化について

My Photo
Name:
Location: Akihabara@DEEP, NY, Christmas Island

contact me at kevn57ATgmail.com friend me on goodreads http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1660832-kevin

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Hachimitsu to Clover ハチミツとクローバー Episode 4

2 days left until Christmas, Hagumi played by Narumi Riko (Enka no Joou, Ichi Rittoru no Namida) and Yamada Ayumi played by Harada Natsuki (Hanazakari no Kimitachi e, Kurosagi) are busy making t-shirts while Morita played by Narimiya Hiroki (Sushi Oji!, Orange Days) lays in front of their table in a Santa suit. Takemoto played by Ikuta Toma (Hanazakari no Kimitachi e, Akihabara@Deep) dressed in a reindeer costume watches Hagumi try to hide her feelings for Morita, while the neighbourhood children beat him and make fun of his costume. Yamada intervenes and the children run off as Hagumi strokes his costume. Takemoto wishes he could stay as a reindeer forever. Yamada’s Father played by Izumiya Shigeru (Yukan Club, Kurosagi), comes back and starts to argue with Morita, but they both start beating on Takemoto when he tries to intervene. When Takemoto in attempt to escape knocks over the deliver bike loaded with four bottles of wine worth $800, he’s forced to work off his debt.

Episode 4 Christmas, Episode 3 Summer Fireworks, Episode 2 Winter at the Beach, Episode 1 Spring Orientation. I think that is the problem with this show, no episode to episode continuity, it seems that at least six months go by between the weekly episodes. The actors and actress are all good in their roles but the story lacks any punch because it loses its slice of life feel, if the only thing shown is two highlights per year. I think the writers are being too ambitious trying to fit the entire two season anime storyline into one drama series and the result is the story loses it’s intimacy with the characters. I’m pretty disappointed in this drama but I’m going to finish it someday, but the new drama season is just begun so it'll have to wait. I saw two of the new spring season's dramas today both very different but entertaining shows that I'll be posting about in a couple of days.

Download the complete series English hardsub bit torrent files released by LoveSong & SARS here.










































Labels: , , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Quy said...

I agree, there was a lack of depth put into the characters and it never flowed. If you want a slice of life type of drama, i would recommend Orange Days, it plays on the the role of 5 characters just like the new drama last friends. I can't really recommend last friends yet, as i have only seen 1 episode. However a good first episode is surely was. =)

4/19/2008 06:28:00 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

@quy I can't really recommend last friends yet, as i have only seen 1 episode.
I didn't expect to like it, but I had to watch because I love all the cast members. It was much better then I'd feared, I really wasn't too happy with the last dramas that Nagasawa Masami and Ueno Juri were in. But the two specials they appeared in this year were both top notch. Orange Days is another favorite of mine, and both Eita and Ueno Juri appeared in that as well as Nodame Cantabile, I hope Last Friends continues to exceed my expectations.

4/19/2008 07:02:00 PM  
Anonymous P-chan said...

Well Kevin... you definitely got farther than I did watching this series =p

4/19/2008 11:22:00 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

@p-chan I liked the anime so much I really wanted to like this series and tried to too but ultimately failed.

4/20/2008 07:36:00 AM  
Blogger Quy said...

Did u end up finishing this? I believe there was only 1, maybe 2 episodes that i considered to be good. It was near the end, episodes 8 and 9, where he goes on his journey, i liked those. Though the ending was quite...undramatic.

4/20/2008 10:58:00 AM  
Blogger Kevin said...

@QuyDid u end up finishing this

Not yet, and probably not anytime soon because the new drama season's begun along with lots of new anime and my newest obsession toku's two of which I watch as soon as they're released.

where he goes on his journey
I loved that part in the anime. I will finish the drama someday, if just to see that again.

4/20/2008 11:36:00 AM  
Blogger Quy said...

I've been meaning to look for new animes. Since now i have more free time as exams are over. What new animes do u reccomend?

4/20/2008 12:37:00 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

@quyWhat new animes do u reccomend?

For pure Adventure Allison to Lilia, romantic comedy Itazura na Kiss, great story xxxHolic Kei, comedy action and story Soul Eater, wacky comedy Zettai Karen Children. That's what I've liked so far, the SF shows that I want to see but I'm waiting until a few episodes are subbed are Real Drive and Macross Frontier.

I've seen the first episodes of Nijuu-Mensou no Musume, and To Love-Ru but they're really not for my tastes.

I also saw the first episode of Vampire Knight and didn't like it as much as I'd hoped I would, I'm going to check out a few more episodes hoping it improves.

If I only had time to watch one show it'd probably be Soul Eater from the first 2 episodes I've seen. I love the artwork and the storyline so far.

4/20/2008 01:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home