Old Fart Who Loves Japanese Pop Culture 日本の大衆文化を愛する中年

Japanese Dramas, Manga, Anime and Japanese Movies, Jpop, and anything else about Japanese pop culture that I find interesting.

日本のドラマ、マンガ、アニメ、J-POP、その他私がおもしろいと思った日本の大衆文化について

My Photo
Name:
Location: Akihabara@DEEP, NY, Christmas Island

contact me at kevn57ATgmail.com friend me on goodreads http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1660832-kevin

Monday, April 21, 2008

Last Friends ラスト・フレンズ Ep1 Screen Shots

A very pregnant Aida Michiru played by Nagasawa Masami (Proposal Daisakusen, Sailor Fuku to Kikanju) talks to a fishmonger, explaining that she’s managing OK on her own. Then as she walks home she talks to herself about her friend Kishimoto Ruka played by Ueno Juri (Nodame Cantabile, Jodan ja nai!, Orange Days). She arrives home and looks at Ruka’s photograph from high school, she admits that she betrayed Ruka and is now paying retribution for that betrayal. Then as she stares at the sky, she inquires of her departed friend, how is the sky over there?

This is not the kind of show that I’d normally pick to watch, from the opening narration and from what I’ve learned from the first episode this is going to be a tragedy. But I had to watch it, with this cast I couldn’t not watch, in addition to Nagasawa and Ueno, included in the excellent cast are Eita (Atsu-hime, Orange Days), Nishikido Ryo (Attention Please, Ganbatte Ikimasshoi), Mizukawa Asami (Iryu, Pride), and Nishihara Aki (Hana Yori Dango). So I’d normally watch the first episode and skip the rest, but the storyline drew me in and I’ll be back again to watch the next episode as soon as it’s released. I’d recommend this to any fans of serious drama like Bara no nai Hanaya another great drama and cast. But this is a pretty serious show that deals with some adult issues like domestic violence and human sexuality, so it may not be for everyone. Only thing I really didn’t like was the fact that most of the story seems to be given away in the opening narration, I just hope that the show still has some surprises.

Download the first English hardsub episode from Kioku fans subs from the bit torrent tracker here.









































Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Hung said...

I agree wholeheartedly, I can't wait to watch the next ep. The cast is the primary reason I started watching and I know the acting won't disappoint me . We'll see how the story goes, but so far, it's very captivating and I already hate with a passion the abusive boyfriend, lol.

4/23/2008 05:46:00 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

@hungI can't wait to watch the next ep.

I saw it last night and it was even better then this first episode.

I know the acting won't disappoint me

This drama would be trite and melodramatic without a top notch cast.

I already hate with a passion the abusive boyfriend

Me too!

Domestic Violence
"Domestic violence victims will often blame their own behavior, rather than the violent actions of the abuser. "

It makes me mad that she doesn't get away from him. But I think he's got her frozen with fear.

4/23/2008 06:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home