Old Fart Who Loves Japanese Pop Culture 日本の大衆文化を愛する中年

Japanese Dramas, Manga, Anime and Japanese Movies, Jpop, and anything else about Japanese pop culture that I find interesting.

日本のドラマ、マンガ、アニメ、J-POP、その他私がおもしろいと思った日本の大衆文化について

My Photo
Name:
Location: Akihabara@DEEP, NY, Christmas Island

contact me at kevn57ATgmail.com friend me on goodreads http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1660832-kevin

Monday, April 28, 2008

My Sassy Girl 엽기적인 그녀 Screen Shots

Gyeon-woo played by Cha Tae-Hyun is standing on a hill underneath a tree overlooking a railroad station. He delivers an opening monologue explaining that he’s waiting for a girl (her name is never revealed during the movie) played by Jun Ji-hyun who he’d buried a time capsule with two years previously but she hasn’t arrived yet. Then the movie flashes back to the day he met the girl. He’s supposed to visit his aunt, but he’s avoiding doing so. First he gets his picture taken then he goes drinking with his friends. While he’s drinking he gets a call from his mother telling him to go to his aunts, she has a girl for him to meet and his aunt is lonely since losing her son the previous year. He heads for the train, his ongoing monologue explains that he doesn’t want the girl his aunt has for him but wants to meet a girl like you see in the romantic manga. He sees a drunken girl about to be hit by a train he yanks her back from the edge of the platform, she glares at him. Once on the train Gyeon-woo’s monologue continues, she’s his type but drunken girls disgust him. She harasses a kid to give up his seat to an older man who’s standing, as the kid moves she further heckles him not to wear pink. Then she throws up on the man she’d obtained the seat for, and passes out on the floor of the train. Gyeon-woo is blamed for not taking care of her. He helps the man clean up and carries the girl from the train, drops her on a bench and starts to walk away. Feeling guilty he comes back and picks her up carrying her out of the station. That’s where Gyeon-woo’s trouble really starts.

This Korean movie came out in 2001 and like I said in my last post about the Japanese remake Ryokiteki na Kanojo it's been my favourite romantic comedy since. I love the physical comedy in this film, and while I’d normally consider watching someone barf completely disgusting, this had me on the floor laughing. Especially when Gyeon-woo daintily puts the man’s toupee back on, while she’s blithely passed out on the train floor. I’d highly recommend this movie to anyone who enjoys romantic comedies like Densha Otoko or Kimi wa Petto. There’s an American remake due out this year starring Elisha Cuthbert and Jesse Bradford, I hope they don’t screw it up.

Download the movie at VEOH, or watch the embed Trailer and movie below

Trailer

Online Videos by Veoh.com

Movie

Online Videos by Veoh.com


















































Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this movie ^_^

4/29/2008 09:37:00 PM  
Blogger Emilie said...

one of my favorites... there is a remake of this movie starring elisha cuthbert and jesse bradford...

5/02/2008 12:20:00 AM  
Blogger Kevin said...

@emilie remake of this movie starring elisha cuthbert and jesse bradford

I don't know when that comes out but if it gets good reviews I'll give it a try.

5/02/2008 11:45:00 AM  
Blogger Emilie said...

@Kevin yeah me to I'll give it a try though I've seen the trailer circulating already somehow it didn't impress me.

5/04/2008 09:27:00 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

@emile I've seen the trailer circulating already somehow it didn't impress me.

It's going to be hard to re-capture the sweetness along with the comedy that this movie had going for it, but I really love the way the Japanese drama has changed the storyline while leaving the "girl"'s character intact.

5/05/2008 01:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home