Old Fart Who Loves Japanese Pop Culture 日本の大衆文化を愛する中年

Japanese Dramas, Manga, Anime and Japanese Movies, Jpop, and anything else about Japanese pop culture that I find interesting.

日本のドラマ、マンガ、アニメ、J-POP、その他私がおもしろいと思った日本の大衆文化について

My Photo
Name:
Location: Akihabara@DEEP, NY, Christmas Island

contact me at kevn57ATgmail.com friend me on goodreads http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1660832-kevin

Thursday, April 03, 2008

Proposal Daisakusen プロポーズ大作戦 Special Subtitles






Soft subs for the Proposal Daisakusen special have been released and if you don't have the patience to avoid pissing off the Love Song team, see this post message from the fansub wiki here.

Personally I fell in love with this show last year, for one reason because they did such an excellent release. I'll be watching and posting about this special once they're done, and I hope they take their time to match the work they did last year. You can see the newly updated status at the above link, but here's where they stand right now
Propose Daisakusen SP
* Quality Check 1 of 3 Completed, fine-tuning text styles, re-coding insert songs

Please don't hassle them about release dates, if you have time why not watch the final episode of another fine release by Love Song, a great drama Bara no nai Hanaya, download the completed series here. or if that's not your taste how about my favorite release of theirs Akihabara@deep found here. Remember that the people who are gracious enough to fan sub are the ones that don't need subs they already speak the language! It's only dumb leechers like me that rely on their kindness to keep me entertained. Sorry p-chan, that some people are giving you a hard time. I truly believe the silent majority are just patiently awaiting your release, and remember you " truly walk down the path of heaven and rule over all" ;-)

For those of you too impatient to wait, download the RAW video here and the soft subs that were released today here.

Labels: , , , , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Quy said...

Im also waiting for this release from love song, though its good to know that the softsubs r done for those impatient people. Anyway, how is the quality of the softsubs?

4/03/2008 08:01:00 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

@quy how is the quality of the softsubs

I don't know, I didn't download them I want to watch the Love Song release when it's ready, and I don't want to spoil this special for myself. I did that with Shikaotoko Aoniyoshi when the fansubber shut down their website I was afraid that they're wouldn't be anymore subs so I used google bot to translate an episode and I should have just waited another week and I would have had perfect subs. I won't be doing that again.

I'm not saying that the soft subs that were released today are bad, I just want to wait for Love Songs, I watched the series with their hardsub release and loved it.

4/03/2008 08:25:00 PM  
Anonymous P-chan said...

We're definitely going all out for this release... at least I am. Every insert song and of course the ending song is getting entirely new karaoke effects (which take a hella long time to do). Not to mention the onscreen text is a pain in the butt, but hey, it looks pretty at the end ^_^ I just don't believe in releasing something that isn't satisfactory to me (and I'm very picky). The viewers deserve the best and the team is doing the best they can to hurry this up and keep to our standards in quality.

I know a lot of people are patiently waiting on us and like I mention on our LJ community, I really, really appreciate that. Instead of putting pressure on us, people should be a bit more patient and support us. Some people just forget that we're kids and young adults just like them, only we spend our free time subbing instead of hanging out with our friends.

4/03/2008 08:41:00 PM  
Blogger Quy said...

Yea hardsub releases will generally be better(because of the karoake subs lol). Btw, how good it the google bot translator, and where do i get it?

4/03/2008 10:18:00 PM  
Blogger Quy said...

O i didnt see p-chan's commment.

It's good to hear that the quality will be better. I love it when the fansubbers put karoake subs during the drama. Hopefully they kept the same insert and theme song for proposal, love the song. I love the whole sound track too, been waiting for this sp, cant believe its going to be out soon.

Thank you in advance for the release. ^^ gokoroshitesama (hopefully spelled correctly)

4/03/2008 10:26:00 PM  
Anonymous P-chan said...

The insert songs are the full versions of both Chiisana Koi no Uta and Ashita Hareru Kana. It's taking up a lot of my free time since they're full versions _o_ At least the effects will be more simple than the ending so it doesn't distract the viewers from the main subtitles.

4/03/2008 11:00:00 PM  
Blogger Quy said...

Just listened to those again for the first time in a while. Makes me feel good when listening to them =)

4/03/2008 11:27:00 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

@p-chan
As always thanks for all you and the group does for drama fans!

@quy Btw, how good it the google bot translator, and where do i get it?

It's pretty bad but better then RAW, you can download a sample here. The bot is just the google Language Tools page.

4/04/2008 11:48:00 AM  
Blogger Quy said...

say i wanted to translate a raw video? is that possible? or do i need to have a text file of japanese text?

4/04/2008 08:35:00 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

@quy i need to have a text file of japanese text?

Yes some Japanese subs have been uploaded to the d-addicts subtitle forum, you need those then the google bot. But the Japanese subs that have been uploaded are all for series that already were being translated. I just did it for an experiment.

4/05/2008 09:25:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home