Old Fart Who Loves Japanese Pop Culture 日本の大衆文化を愛する中年

Japanese Dramas, Manga, Anime and Japanese Movies, Jpop, and anything else about Japanese pop culture that I find interesting.

日本のドラマ、マンガ、アニメ、J-POP、その他私がおもしろいと思った日本の大衆文化について

My Photo
Name:
Location: Akihabara@DEEP, NY, Christmas Island

contact me at kevn57ATgmail.com friend me on goodreads http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1660832-kevin

Monday, April 21, 2008

Zettai Kareshi 絶対彼氏 Ep.1 Screen Caps

Absolute Boyfriend
Episode 1 The Flawless Robot Lover

Namikiri Gaku played by Sasaki Kuranosuke (Shikaotoko Aoniyoshi, Bambino!) and his boss are talking about love as they look at the completed robot played by Hayami Mokomichi (Hataraki Man, Rondo), and discuss finding a suitable test subject. Izawa Riko played by Aibu Saki (Utahime, Attention Please) sneezes and Ishizek played by Kyo Nobuo (Kamen Rider Kiva, Hanazakari no Kimitachi e) hands her a pocket warmer. Just as she’s about to confess to him, he gets a phone call and hurries away. She’s discussing her encounter with her co-worker in a bar, when she too gets called away. But the bartender gives her a free drink, telling her she has a gloomy face that’ll never get her a boyfriend. Then the bartender tells her unless the perfect man shows up she won’t find someone. Namikiri sits by her at the bar, telling her he’s going to change her life. Then he takes her back to the Kronos Heaven offices and begins questioning her on her preferences in men. Telling her that for free Kronos Heaven would find her the ideal boyfriend.

Co-starring with Aibu Saki is Mizushima Hiro (Kamen Rider Kabuto, Hanazakari no Kimitachi e) as Asamoto Soshi her boss. I really enjoyed this first episode, I love romantic comedies and science fiction so it’s pretty much a given that this show would appeal to me, also I was really impressed with Mizushima Hiro last summer in Hanazakari no Kimitachi e as the dorm leader and even more so as Kabuto which I’d just recently watched. Hayami Mokomichi was terrific as the robot and I think he and Mizushima Hiro are going to become rivals for Saki’s attention, that’s not a spoiler it’s just my guess. In one respect I think this is like Densha Otoko in reverse, except Saki is nowhere near as pathetic as Yamada was. I’d highly recommend this to fans of romantic comedies like Hotaru no Hikari or Proposal Daisakusen. This drama is based on a manga of the same title by Watase Yu, I haven't read it yet, but after watching this I'm going to.

Download the first episode English hardsub bit torrent release from SARS fansubs here.

















































Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger hashihime said...

I enjoyed ep1, but the best treatment of this plot that I know of is Tanith Lee's novel The Silver Metal Lover. There, the wealthy teenaged protagonist comes upon a tall, beautiful, red-haired "man" with silver skin, busking outside a mall, where he had been sent as part of the robot company's initial publicity campaign. It's good science fiction and good romance, as well.

4/22/2008 03:47:00 PM  
Blogger Quy said...

very interesting drama, wondering how much more u can add to the storyline with this idea. Will be waiting for the weekly releases though =)

4/22/2008 05:32:00 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

@hashihime Tanith Lee's novel The Silver Metal Lover

I've long been a fan of Lee's first read her Flat-Earth Cycle as it was being published while I was in college but that is fantasy, I'll look for The Silver Metal Lover, I'd love to read some SF from her.

@quy wondering how much more u can add to the storyline with this idea
The mangaka got six volumes out of it, and Night is only on a five day free trial period and at least two nights were taken up in the opening episode. So it'll be interesting to see how things develop.

4/22/2008 05:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home