Old Fart Who Loves Japanese Pop Culture 日本の大衆文化を愛する中年

Japanese Dramas, Manga, Anime and Japanese Movies, Jpop, and anything else about Japanese pop culture that I find interesting.

日本のドラマ、マンガ、アニメ、J-POP、その他私がおもしろいと思った日本の大衆文化について

My Photo
Name:
Location: Akihabara@DEEP, NY, Christmas Island

contact me at kevn57ATgmail.com friend me on goodreads http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1660832-kevin

Monday, May 19, 2008

Adrift In Tokyo (Tenten) Screen Caps

This movie is about a law student, Fumiya Takemura played by Odagiri Joe (Mushishi, Kamen Rider Kuuga) who’s $8000 in debt and the debt collector who’s come to collect the money. It’s a 2007 film directed by Satoshi Miki and it runs for one hour and forty minutes.

I took the screen shots from the DVD trailer so the scenes are sprinkled throughout the film, not the usual first five or ten minutes of the show that I usually use but there are no spoilers, it just gives a kind of feel to this slice of life comedy drama. The last Odagiri Joe movie I posted about Mushishi I thought was slow especially when he was just walking around and this movie is him just walking around Tokyo so I expected it to be slow and ponderous but it was anything but. The plot is really simple and I won’t go into it at all to avoid spoilers, but this movie is really about the characters and how they come to know and care for each other over the course of a few days. Aside from the great acting, the Tokyo streets are the setting and the characters go all around the city from the back alleys, residential areas, shopping districts even to a cosplay club. I’d highly recommend this to anyone who enjoys slice of life shows like Antique or Haikei, Chichiue-sama or someone that’d just love to see Tokyo, from many different angles not just from a tour bus.

Download the DVD with English subs here, or direct download the avi file with soft subs here.







































Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Os said...

Ah, I just saw this movie the other night and had a similar experience. At first I was like... oh no, this movie is just Joe Odagiri being boring... then I really dont know at what point but I just got lost in it and I ended up really loving the latter part of it. Plus, some Yoshitaka Yuriko definitely cannot hurt.

Thanks for the Antique recommendation. I really loved Haikei, Chichiue-sama and I've been searching for others since. Osen, just doesn't cut it.

5/19/2008 02:45:00 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

@os Thanks for the Antique recommendation.

I loved that drama, and I can't wait for the anime to be released this summer.

5/19/2008 06:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home